Playa del Carmen dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mick_O

Contributor
Reaction score
All,

I have been made aware of a dive operation in PdC called Yucatek Divers. Does anybody know if this is a good/reputable organization?

Thanks!

I’ve never heard of them, but I have a high school classmate of mine from Overland Park that just moved to Playa and opened a vacation planning service there who might be able to help you. Mike’s a pretty straight shooter and he's putting together a class reunion for us down there.

http://www.bookplayadelcarmen.com/

Try looking in the Mexico Sub Forum of North America. Lots of stuff there.

You could also try the search feature, I am sure someone has commented on them before. If I was to recommend a shop in PDC, I would recommend The Abyss Dive Shop

Mick_O:
All,

I have been made aware of a dive operation in PdC called Yucatek Divers. Does anybody know if this is a good/reputable organization?

Thanks!

Mick,

I don't know anything about that op. Could it possibly be Yucatan Divers? That wouls seem to be more likely. Anyway I have dove repeatedly with www.sealifedivers.com. They are located right on the beach at Mamitas Beach. It has been less expensive than the AI ops in the area and Luis runs a good op.

Regards,

Mick,

Yucatec it is!! Looks like they are located in town, rather than on the beach, etc. Again, I don't know about their operation. Most of the dive ops in PDC board and depart right from the beach.....some from piers. I am not a promoter of any specific dive op there. You're more than welcome to PM me and I can let you know what I know from first hand experience.

Regards,

Mick_O:
All,

Thanks!

Agree wtih Roni,

Check out www.protecdiving.com

Regards,
Andy

I'll give a second vote for sealifedivers. I go to PDC once a year and always dive there. The staff is great and the diving is excellent. The beach they are located on is beautiful, and the restaraunt on the beach has good food at a reasonable price. If you go dive with Dani. She's Italian and a bundle of fun.

I didn't dive with them, but I visited quite a few operators recently and I was impressed with Scuba Libre.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom