Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdhindery

Reaction score
My wife and I will be in Playa del Carmen in early August. We are new divers andwould like to find out about the diving in the area and have several questions.

Is there any shore diving and where is it?

Any recommended dive operators in the area?

Anything we shouldn't miss?

Anything to avoid?

Location and contact information of the nearest recompression facility?

Any other tips?

Thanks,

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Let's see...........
I recommend ScubaCaribe, they have good packages and great DM's (I have 3 friends working there now, Peter, Gord and Mike all canadians from Victoria) Don't miss a day trip to dive cozumel and you must dive the cenotes. You will enjoy it!

Went to Playa del Carmen about 10 years ago.
At that time I was not a diver, only a snorkeling. Taking a bus from Playa down to Tulum there was a bay with very few people. You stop on the main way, you walk through a kind of road sea direction. Unfortunately I do not remember the name but local people know that for sure.
It was very nice, plenty of different kind of fishes, I also had a close meeting with a huge barracuda, if you can hold your breath for a while you can also enjoy some small tunnels (entry one side exit other side).
Snorkeling a bid close to open sea there was some French people who saw either manta or ray (I do not remember whet they told me and do not want to give too much expectation.

Nice place to be for relaxing without the crowd. This at least 10 years ago. Now….?

As Mr. Deco is saying you can not miss the Cenotes.

Head down south of Playa. Allure Del Sol.....great place. everything you could want. Dive shop on site, French couple very well versed in the area and can arrange any type of dive you want

jdhindery:
My wife and I will be in Playa del Carmen in early August. We are new divers andwould like to find out about the diving in the area and have several questions.

Is there any shore diving and where is it?

Just how new are you? I think I'd suggest operator lead dives only, and be sure to tell them how new you are.

Anyway - Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Back
Top Bottom