Playa Dive Shop Dive Mike?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you get a chance to dive Cenote Angelita please do! It was one of the best dives of my life. Very cool sinkhole with a layer of hydrogen sulphide at about 100ft down. The Viz goes from about 20ft to 1ft to 50ft. Very neat. And did I mention when I went, there was a Crocodile basking on the bank. Unforgetable dive!

Hey there. We have dived in Playa on two different scuba holidays, both times with Cyan Ha dive shop, and they were terrific, and I look forward to diving with them again = in fact I just e-mailed last week to see about going down this summer. Last year my son and I did our Padi Advanced diver certification with them - excellent! Warm, friendly, knowledgable and stable staff, too - everyone that we met there on the first trip were still there 3 years later!

Check them out, and let me know what you think!

loriedvm

Whoa! Nice video Luis.

If you get a chance to dive Cenote Angelita please do! It was one of the best dives of my life. Very cool sinkhole with a layer of hydrogen sulphide at about 100ft down. The Viz goes from about 20ft to 1ft to 50ft. Very neat. And did I mention when I went, there was a Crocodile basking on the bank. Unforgetable dive!

I dove Dos Ojos last time I was there and really enjoyed it. I will have to check out Angelita this time. Nice way to rinse out your equip before going home.

I just dove with DiveMike two days ago. Helena was my dive instructor, very nice, very capable. She has cat woman ears sewn on top of her hoodie which made it easy to identify her on our dives. Small groups, 6 plust the instructor, two tank dives on local reefs. Only bad part was surface wave action but otherwise lots of fun. Nice people, good briefing, overall will gladly use again.

Playa Maya? Very good hotel. Steve is great. Are you staying at Playa Maya or did you have to go somewhere else?

Too bad you get there after I leave, I am going to need a dive buddy.

I have heard good things about fantasea dive but they are by the pier and I don't want to schlep my equip that far every morning. Where is Yucatec divers located?

Edit: Never mind...I looked at their website. There pretty far too. My hotel is on Calle 8.

Hola LGF, my lil shop is only 3 small blocks from your hotel. I could meet you in the morning at you hotel to help you with you equipment down to my shop. You are also welcomed to store it there as well. I do only private guided dives so it would just be me and you and maybe a couple more divers. I am located righon the beach....literally about 20 steps from the water's edge. I also never mix advanced divers in my boat with students or DSD's. And if you email me I WILL get back with you. It may take me a couple days. I am a one man show here so sometimes I am so tired at the end of the day I literally come home and go right to sleep, only to get up around 5:30-6am to start it all over again. but if you pm or email me I would love to answer whatever questions you may have about the diving in and around this area. If you like videos, just seach for threads by me and you'll find a whole library of videos that should get you fired up for diving. Chat with you soon! :wink:

http://fantaseadive.com/playa-del-carmen-map.php

Last edited:
I am a beginner and I had not luck with DiveMike. My instructor was Ceci and I think that if you are a beginner, you should not dive with her. I went out of my dives because I had difficulties with the exercise with water in the mask. However, I tried again after this bad experience in Conzumel with DeepExposure and I had not difficulties because my instructor, Eduardo, told me my mistake and it's easy! I dived!

Geofish is our favorite in Playa. They conducted great dives. Prepared, cleaned and stored all our equipment during the time that we were there. They have a good website with a very nice dive map. We will certainly be back with them in November. I would check them out.

I used Jason when I visited back in March and was very, very happy, FWIW. It was just me and my son and another experienced couple of divers most of the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom