Please help me...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Susanrosa:
But I am really not breathing through my nose... I have been snorkeling for many years and I am used to breath through my mouth... It is not something that I have tried this one time it happens everytime I am in a pool as well. And it happens the moment I am hitting the water. But with having tried it this many times... one thing I know for sure is that it is not because of my breathing. Would wish it was just it... :sad_2:

Sounds like a bad mask fit(?) - there shouldn't be that much water in the mask to begin with...I had the same problem the first day out with my gear, went back to the shop, consulted and chose a new mask. No problems since.

What can I say after 4 pages of good replies...

Two things
Take a cup. Turn it upside down and lower it in the water. You don't see water entering the cup. That also happens with your nose (at least when not looking up). There is no water entering your nose, unless you breath in.

I use to blow dolphin rings (ok, ok, I'm insane :shakehead ). For that I need to lie down on my back on the bottom. If I wear goggles water enters my nose. I have to pinch my nose. However, if I wear my diving mask, there is no problem. So if you have a mask that fits well, there should be no water to enter your nose.

I guess you know how to check whether a mask fits? Push it onto your face without the strap attached, slightly breating in. It should stick to your face, without air flowing between the seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom