Pls Help with Pressure Checker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xxGetImage.aspx

The release button on this one is about halfway up the shaft, just above the threads and the knurl.

This is a DIN style checker, your yoke style will look slightly different on the bottom end.

AQUTPCC.JPG

The bleeder is pictured on this one, the protrusion in the middle. Does yours have that?

Can we have fun with this thread once he figures it out?

Step #1: Connect pressure guage
Step #2: Close bleed valve
Step #3: Slowly open tank valve
Step #4: Note tank pressure
Step #5: Close tank valve
Step #6: Open bleed valve
Step #7: Remove pressure gauge

Step #8: (If pressure gauge knob cannot be turned . . . get big pair of Vise-Grips!!!)

the K

Cave Diver, thanks for the help. The gauge is like the one you posted but yoke style. It does not have a distinct bleed off like the DIN. I did turn off the air supply from the tank.
I think I'm going to just take a wrench to it.

That central collar on the gauge doesn't slide or screw down to bleed the pressure? It's gotta be in that part of the gauge.

The wrench may be the end of your gauge. This link (and other ads for that gauge) seem to indicate that there is a pressure release mechanism. Aqua Tank Pressure Checker

Before you destroy the gauge, you might want to contact the retailer or even the manufacturer.

I have seen some where the bleed valve slides towards the tank or gauge. Did you try a sliding motion instead of a twisting motion?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom