Pls Help with Pressure Checker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can't figure it out, instead of taking a wrench to the knob slowly unscrew the gauge until the pressure starts to bleed down.

Hey, guys . . . the "big Vise-Grip" quip was just a tad bit of facetiousness, doncha think????? :wink:

the K

Cave Diver, thanks for the help. The gauge is like the one you posted but yoke style. It does not have a distinct bleed off like the DIN. I did turn off the air supply from the tank.
I think I'm going to just take a wrench to it.

All pressure gauges have a pressure relief valve. A small button, sleeve to twist or pull back, something. Taking a wrench to it is not going to make it any easier to use next time.

Find the pressure release or, just leave the gauge on and take some clear pictures of it and post them, someone here will highlight the pressure release valve for you.

This why I love scubaboard. Thank you. There is a release valve on the collar. You twist to bleed off.
It took some force with one of those "I stripped the nut" vise grips. Hahaha! Light up the thread with your
Dirty euphemisms!

This why I love scubaboard. Thank you. There is a release valve on the collar. You twist to bleed off.
It took some force with one of those "I stripped the nut" vise grips. Hahaha! Light up the thread with your
Dirty euphemisms!

Glad you got it figured out and your tank is no longer holding the pressure gauge hostage!

I have a question that might be too obvious but I can't figure it out, why use a separate pressure gauge to check the tank pressure while you can use your regulator and gauge ? Is there an advantage to use a stand alone gauge or is it better for the regulator ?

I have a question that might be too obvious but I can't figure it out, why use a separate pressure gauge to check the tank pressure while you can use your regulator and gauge ? Is there an advantage to use a stand alone gauge or is it better for the regulator ?

It is an easier and faster way to check pressure on several tanks (unless you get it stuck like the op :rofl3: , sorry, couldn't resist).

Also, a very, VERY minor advantage is a pressure checker wastes less air while checking the pressure (when you pressurize a typical regulator with 2 regs and various hoses attached, you'll "lose" about 2-3 breaths of air).

Mainly its just faster and easier :D.

Except for the OP.... :rofl3:

Best wishes.

It's also more convenient. Keeping a small pressure checker near the fill station is easier than having to drag a reg set back there everytime you want to check pressure on a tank. And, as previously stated its much faster to use.

May be my confusion is that the normal trend here in Egypt is that tanks are always rented and you see them for the first time on the boat, hence it is the obvious choice to use the reg, you are connecting it anyway :)
thanks

Quite possibly, it's just a different way of doing things. Here, many divers go to a local dive shop and either get their tanks filled, or pick up rental tanks. Many active divers have several tanks that they own, and a pressure checker is just a convienence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom