Plus size full wetsuit (2 or 3mm) suggestions for very large woman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the JMJ suggestion. You'll get a custom suit that fits you. My wife is 5'2" and loves here JMJ suit.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a brand and size of 2mm/3mm wetsuit that would fit a female who's about 5'6" and weighs about 270 lbs? I find this to be an issue for lots of active wear-there aren't large enough sizes for very oversized folks (even oversized folks who do triathlons, diving,
long distance cycling, etc...). Two piece would be fine too as long as it's long legs and long sleeves.

I'm in a similar position, 170cm and 120kg. If you're in Europe, then I'd absolutely reccomend Technodiver of Italy. They have a wide range (everything from 2mm wet to 7mm semidry, as well as drysuits) and do custom sizing, as well as extensive customisation (choice of thigh pockets, dual thickness etc.). I dreaded getting in and out of my too long but all too tight Mares suit (lovely once it was on, but a real pain!) to the point it ruined my enjoyment of the sport. Once I went with custom fit, I found myself getting in the water a *lot* more.

Honestly, their website is terrible, but if you Email, they are super helpful and speak good English.

teknodiver@teknodiver.com

I'm in a similar position, 170cm and 120kg. If you're in Europe, then I'd absolutely reccomend Technodiver of Italy. They have a wide range (everything from 2mm wet to 7mm semidry, as well as drysuits) and do custom sizing, as well as extensive customisation (choice of thigh pockets, dual thickness etc.). I dreaded getting in and out of my too long but all too tight Mares suit (lovely once it was on, but a real pain!) to the point it ruined my enjoyment of the sport. Once I went with custom fit, I found myself getting in the water a *lot* more.

Honestly, their website is terrible, but if you Email, they are super helpful and speak good English.

teknodiver@teknodiver.com

That is the company my wife went with. She got a Teknodiver made-to-measure wetsuit and a made-to-measure drysuit and is extremely happy with their products. There is a dive shop a few Km up the road from where we lived in Belgium, the owner is Italian and he carries their products.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom