Poll: BP/W users, all 1 MFR. or a mix ?

Is your BP/W from 1 manufacturer or a mixture ?

• BP/W components from 1 Manufacturer

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • BP/W components from a mixture of manufacturers

Votes: 56 64.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cold water use - Apeks wtx harness SS plate with Integrated weights all apeks along with the wing
travel/warm water Hollis sms 75? AL back plate wing is Hollis but I made a mod so I can swap my weight pouches from the apeks

BP/W I prefer all from same manufacturer but whole kit is pieced together Apeks, Mares, Hollis , Aqualung , Aerius etc etc

Attachments

• hollis.jpg
    hollis.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 48
  • bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 105
Cold water, IST SS plate, Hammerhead STA, webbing and hardware my local dive shop stocks, ScubaMax cam bands, HOG wing for singles, IST wing for doubles, Highland delrin wing nuts, 5/16" flat head screws from my local hardware store. Over 10 pounds all rigged up.

Warm water rig, HOG aluminum back plate, IST STA, ScubaMax cam bands, webbing and hardware my local dive shop stocks, HOG wing, Highland delrin wing nuts, 5/16" flat head screws from my local hardware store. Right at 4 pounds ready to dive.

Cold water single tank: DSS large plate w/ weight plates and DSS Torus 35 wing

Warm water travel: DSS Kydex plate w/ Light Monkey harness and DSS Torus 17 wing; weight pouches on cam bands

Cold water doubles: Hollis stainless plate w/ DSS harness and Hollis 45lb wing

I guess I've found it a little easier to match gear from the same manufacturer. I'm currently trying to put another rig together using a Scubapro stainless plate and a HOG 23 lb wing. The slots on the plate and wing don't line up with each other, or with any of the other gear mentioned above. Looks like I'll have to try a STA for the first time. I'm leaning toward a Light Monkey STA and harness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMS Back Plate
OMS STA
Hollis C45LX wing
Hollis Elite 2 Harness
Hollis Weight Pockets

DIY SS backplate (bought on eBay, then realized it was DIY)
DIY Wing (patterned after DiveRite with modifications to make it a Chameleon for both BM and SM)
DIY Harness
DIY weight system (oops that is mostly on the weight harness)
DIY buttplate and weight pocket
Commercially bought OPVs and Wing inflator hose assembly.

Oops, my error on the poll, it looks like primarily one manufacturer....

P1010052.jpg1006377_10201710498818274_2105545714_n.jpg

Isn't that what a BP/W system is for? To be interchangable?

One of my plates in stainless that's 5.6 lbs for cold water.
One of my aluminum plates 1.9 lbs. for boat cleaning and for tropical (if I can ever get there).
A few old plastic packs laying around that are fun to use with 72's.
What's a wing?

Just kidding :)
I have an Oxycheq Mach V laying around somewhere...I'll have to dig it out.
And some OMS stuff laying around too that I used to use for doubles w/ a 35 Lb doubles wing.
I haven't used a flat doubles plate for singles now for over 12 years because IMO they suck.

Depends on the rig. One is from a single manufacturer, one is mixed, and one is not yet complete but is almost all HOG.

Cold water singles: HOG SS plate, HOG harness, HOG STA, no wing (don't have the wing yet -looking for Hog but will take any 30-32#)

Cold water doubles:
All Oxycheq rig - SS plate, harness, 55# wing

Warm water:
GUTS aluminum plate and harness, HOG 23# wing (taken from above cold water single rig), Oxycheq STA (taken from above doubles rig)

Any weight pockets added will most likely not be any of the above brands.

My answers don't fit neatly, as I have several configs. Some are "all one manufacturer" and some are "all one, with a little of another" depending on singles-vs-doubles, fresh-vs-salt, and steel-vs-aluminum.

My wings are Oxy 18/30, DiveRite and SeaTec.

My plates are VDH, Hammerhead, Oxy, Freedom.

Not to mention other stuff.

N

I'm a mutt.... singles and doubles rigs...multiple manufacturers....OMS, Dive Rite, Scuba Pro, HOG, Hollis,etc etc etc...I'm not so much brand loyal as much as loyal to the best components that work for ME.

I do prefer the Hog for singles wing and have 3 Hollis wings for double rigs. YMMV

Bubs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom