Poll: BP/W users, all 1 MFR. or a mix ?

Is your BP/W from 1 manufacturer or a mixture ?

• BP/W components from 1 Manufacturer

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • BP/W components from a mixture of manufacturers

Votes: 56 64.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merry and I each use Freedom Plates from Eric Sedletzky. She has an Oxycheq wing, I have a modified Halcyon wing. I have to take scissors to it to make the straps fit. :)
My single tank reg is a Scubapro first stagewith some other brand (can't remember) second stages. Whatever works.

I used to have an all H setup, but added a smaller Apeks wing and DIR-Zone buttplate.

Both of my BP/W rigs are "mutts," with components from multiple manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

Both.

I have a generic looking Backplate (no brand on it) that was given to me as a gift that is matched up with an OMS wing I bought used.

For travel to warm water I have Oxycheq ultralite travel plate matched with their 18# Mach V wing. (got both on sale when they discontinued the dark green color)

With the Green Oxycheq gear and my red OMS wing, my dive gear storage area looks like Christmas. It would probably drive the all black gear people crazy.

Aren't most brand backplates basically the same?

Wings: Oxycheq Mach V Extreme 18 & 30 (18lb. has a 12" corrugated Dive Rite hose and soon to have DSS dumps on both)

Plates: VDH Plate, Oxycheq Soft Travel, Oxycheq SS Travel, and DGX SS Plate (Old style, electroplated)

Harnesses: Dive Rite, Oxycheq, DGX hardware, Piranha Mfg. hardware, DSS Hardware, etc.

Cam Bands: Dive Rite SS, Highland SS, and DGX SS "Scubapro-Style" (favs).

*** On the waiting list for a Freedom Plate :cool2: ***

DSS Long Kydex Plate
DSS Harness *came with plate

Dive Rite SS Plate *got for free
Dive Rite Deluxe Harness *got a screaming deal on it
Dive Rite Transpac II *my first backplate
Dive Rite Nomad *sidemount obviously, but use it with doubles pretty regularly

Dive Rite Travel wing
OMS 45lb doubles wing-traded for another DR Travel wing
DSS LCD30

If I were buying new all over again I'd own the following
DSS Long Kydex
DSS Long Stainless
LCD30
Torus 42 or 49 doubles
Probably a Halcyon Contour for sidemount

Nothing against the Dive Rite or OMS products but I don't fit the regular backplates due to my height and that is why I originally used either a Transplate or the Deluxe harness on the backplates because the one piece harnesses never fit. With the right length harness the one piece is fine now. Wings is nothing against them either, just cheaper to buy all from one supplier if you're going new. Nomad I have a one off which makes it work, but stock they just aren't great rigs, especially at my height, the Contour is about perfect.

Oxy wings
DSS OPVs
AGIR Plates, STAs and cam bands
Halcyon Weighted STA with cam bands
Generic harnesses

Have a Hollis and a DiveRite plate sitting in a box in storage on the other side of the world

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom