Poll Time!! When you go diving, do you make a point to get your log signed/stamped?

Do you get your log signed/stamped after every dive?

• Yes! Every time! Its important!

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • No! No one touches my log book but me!

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Sometimes.. If its easy to do..

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • What?!? We are supposed to keep logs?!?!

Votes: 24 17.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psychocabbage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Previous replies to some users posts got me to thinking that many here may see this as a "normal" procedure.

I know me and the wife never do it.. We may ask for stickers but as of now, I have them next to me in my pen/pencil holder. We never really apply them.

The most I do is download my computers data to my pc and then update the info and the gas usage. Thats it.

I never get my log "singed" nor anything else musical. I do stamp it or get a sticker if it's easy. I like looking back through the years of dives, the stamps and stickers add to the memories.

My dive log is a product of an afternoon spent with a word processing software. I put in room to write a buddy's name, but no room for signatures. I just don't see the point; if a log book is required for verification of dive experience, then just the logged dives should be fine; I don't see why signatures are needed. Besides, signatures can be forged as easily as it would be to forge the entire dive log.....

I'll get my log signed if I dive with someone new to me that I want to remember or contact in the future. If the dive op has stamps or stickers I will add those, for nostalgia sake.

If hubby is my buddy and he often is.... I see no point:blinking:

If he isn't with me I will usually try to get my buddy or one of my buddies to sign since we have a group of regulars we normally dive with. Most of them get their dive logs signed. We all record all of the members of the group we dive with. This has helped when someone loses information or misses logging it. One of us usually can give them the missing info that way.

Sometimes I get it signed for nostalgic reasons if I dive with someone special I want to remember.

We will normally use the ink stamp at the dive shop if we are on an "away trip".

I've only been asked to see my log book 3 times. First time was Fish Rock Dive Centre in 98 when I first started diving. Second was Fish Rock Dive Centre a few years later with more dives under my belt. Third was Lady Elliot Dive Centre recent trip. Fish Rock doesn't ask me anymore because they know us. I know logs can be faked but it impresses me that these shops pay a bit more than lip service to making sure you are qualified to do the proposed dive. Certs mean little, certs and dive log showing experience a little more but they watch you in the water before they make their final decision.

I never get my log "singed" nor anything else musical. I do stamp it or get a sticker if it's easy. I like looking back through the years of dives, the stamps and stickers add to the memories.

damn typos got me again! hahha

I prefer to have mine hummed.

I all way's get my log book signed, mostly for nostalgic reasons, but have not yet been asked to see it for a dive trip

I get it stamped or a sticker but not singed.

Stamped? sticker? Never seen or heard of that. Dive loge is on the computer so no signatures...besides who really cares? PADI changes your C # with every Cert so obviously that # means nothing so why should a signature?

More important is getting a good buddy's information for future dives.....

Signing, stamping..etc...so not regulated it means nothing............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom