Ponderables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mars2u

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny for your thoughts?" Where's that extra penny going?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

If you drink Pepsi at work in the Coke factory, will they fire you?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out!"

Or watch a white thing come out of a chicken's behind and think, "that ought to taste good."

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no sane human being would eat?

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

When your photo is taken for your driver's license, why do they tell you to smile? If you are stopped by the police and asked for your license, are you going to be smiling?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is ther e a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

What do you call male ballerinas?

Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream?

If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the window?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mars2u:
Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

ZING! You got me. :)

Can you cry under water? Lose a favorite dive light or knife and you will find out

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered? Hey, don't get political on us!

If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round? It is easier to press a bunch of barely edible "remnants" into a cylindrical form.

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny for your thoughts?" Where's that extra penny going? I don't know. Most people I work with and most people on ScubaBoard have no cents.

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity? No. Some women would swear that there has to be shopping available, or it wouldn't really be "Heaven". And which dog stays by your side for eternity? Which wife? What if you were skinny dipping?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box? Ever try to make a round box?

What disease did cured ham actually have? Most pigs had something fatal just before they became Ham.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage? Hefting stuff is more manly than dragging stuff

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours? Ever notice that when a baby cries, a breast pops right out for it? I wanna sleep like that!

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing? How would a deaf person know what it is called. Oh yeah, reading lips. Sorry, I forgot.

If you drink Pepsi at work in the Coke factory, will they fire you? That would be a Jolt, wouldn't it?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV? Because movies are on the big screen, and TV shows are on the small screen. The small screen is clearly too small to be IN.

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground? It's all about perspective dude.

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America? Because the pageant and the election are run by MEN. Does the election include a swimsuit competition? I didn't think so.

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway. Nude models turn their backs to remove (or replace) their clothes, but pose for long periods. Go figure.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call? No one. They are union, but they can't make personal calls while on duty.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural? And yet "panty-waist" is singular.

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup? Good question. Ask around here on SB. There are plenty of funtionally illiterate people in here.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out!" And did he say "hey, hold my beer" or "check this out" right before he did?

Or watch a white thing come out of a chicken's behind and think, "that ought to taste good." Imagine if he had been dislexic.

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no sane human being would eat? So that kids can "experiment" when the weather is too bad to go outside.

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer? Dude, get one made this century.

When your photo is taken for your driver's license, why do they tell you to smile? If you are stopped by the police and asked for your license, are you going to be smiling? Well, yes you might be smiling, assuming you are still blindly hoping that you might not get the ticket. Once you know for sure, you probably stop smiling.
On the other hand, think about it: when else, besides when you get pulled over, are you ever quite as annoyed as you are when you have spent time at the DMV?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him? They are just reporting the news. Besides, before sports and TV what else was there for Jimmy's friends to talk about?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane? No.

If the professor on Gilligan's island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat? Two pretty women stuck hanging around with an uber-geek. A "captive audience" as it were. The competition is a fat guy, a doofus and a geezer, so the geek looks like a "catch". Gee, I can't imagine why he wouldn't fix that boat in a second and get off the island.

Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is? Because that would be too vague. Pointing there could mean that they are looking for any one of several different things.

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs! Evolution!

What do you call male ballerinas? Dancers.

Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream? hmm. . . .

If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner? Sure, take the wussy easy way out. Where's the challenge in that? And I suppose you advocate asking for directions too. or reading the "instructions". What a maroon!

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from? Petrolium by-products. (they can't all be gems!)

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons? Ever watch the guys on TV that preach morality? I think that would answer your question.

Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse? N0. Ever heard of Chuck E. Cheese?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune? No, they just did some "sampling".

Why did you just try singing the two songs above? Singing? No. Humming? Guilty.

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt? Scientists from a single field can seldom agree on anything, why would scientists from different disciplines have any commonality?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the window? Because the wind out a car window allows your dog to smell lots of other dog's butts all at once. Your breath smells like . . . Hey, good question!

Wristshot

Wristshot...you have too much time on your hands...lol

mars2u:

I would agree, but then again, I'm the one that read all his responses and ended up reading your comments twice!!

Then I forwarded it to my GF...

Very good mars2u... The vast majoirty of those were new to me. Did you actually come up with them, or did you get it fropm somewhere else??

mars2u:
Why ? My list has the same number of items as your list. *smiling*

And actually, no, I really don't have any time on my hands, but once in a while you just gotta stop and destroy the roses.

W

Why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway?

and

Why do drive-through ATMs have instructions in Braille?

If Mr. Brady was such a great architect how come the Brady Bunch only had one bathroom for 6 kids 2 adults and a house keeper.

brady_bunch.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom