Pony Bottle Location Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP has acknowleged an adequate answer. Based on another current thread we shound now progress to a related voliatile subtopic.

Should the pony be DIN or Yoke?

-same as backgas.

Whats the logic of your argument (or did I miss a funny and not realize it?)

If you are starting with a yoke reg for your backgas, stay yoke with your second primary reg (on the pony). When you are ready to switch, switch everything to DIN at the same time.

Otherwise, you will be looking at the right tank with the wrong reg, or the wrong thank with the right reg...

If you are starting with a yoke reg for your backgas, stay yoke with your second primary reg (on the pony). When you are ready to switch, switch everything to DIN at the same time.

Otherwise, you will be looking at the right tank with the wrong reg, or the wrong thank with the right reg...

That makes sense (keeping all your tanks the same), just the mention of back gas through me off the trail....

The reg on the pony is dedicated anyway as it only has one second stage and no inflator hose. I just use what I have, which is a couple of old yoke regs for the pony bottles, while I use a DIN for the main tank. A DIN is a little more compact but not enough to make me buy a new reg.

...//... I just use what I have, which is a couple of old yoke regs for the pony bottles, while I use a DIN for the main tank. ...//....

That works just fine. Couple of small conveniences if you keep everything the same, mostly swapping out or H-valve use, nothing major.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom