Poseidon Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As @tbone1004 suggested, parts costs get a little prohibitive with Poseidon. If you liked those regs in the past, you're in good company. They're all easily returned to service.
If you're undecided, for the cost of 2-way postage it's easy enough to look them over and let you know what you're in for. @tbone1004 had it right in picking the parts most likely to have failed in storage, as well as their rough cost. But if they're not all affected, you could be looking at much less. And I have used and new hoses in stock.
Still, there are other brands that can be serviced for less. It all depends on where your preferences lie.
Only one way to find out unless you just want to reBay them. No charge for me to take a look.

As @tbone1004 suggested, parts costs get a little prohibitive with Poseidon. If you liked those regs in the past, you're in good company. They're all easily returned to service.
If you're undecided, for the cost of 2-way postage it's easy enough to look them over and let you know what you're in for. @tbone1004 had it right in picking the parts most likely to have failed in storage, as well as their rough cost. But if they're not all affected, you could be looking at much less. And I have used and new hoses in stock.
Still, there are other brands that can be serviced for less. It all depends on where your preferences lie.
Only one way to find out unless you just want to reBay them. No charge for me to take a look.
Are you saying you'd disassemble and inspect them for free? I feel like I'd be stupid not to pay postage for that.

Are you saying you'd disassemble and inspect them for free? I feel like I'd be stupid not to pay postage for that.
Yes, I am. Free. However, if it turns out that service would be too expensive, you may end up feeling that $40-60 postage for two ways was a waste of money. Your call. Happy to help!
Email me at Napascuba@gmail.com if you like.

For those reading along, this is what @tbone1004 was pointing out:
Diaphragm (from storing in the "-" position)
20160817_173426_1.jpg

Servo valve (this one is XStream, but same issue of bent shaft)
20230303_113224.jpg

Valve piston (sandblasting from tank oxides),
though I can sometimes polish this out instead of replacing the piston.
20160802_162310.jpg

$105 for those three parts...

a yoke poseidon, I have only even seen one other one. It is laying my garage somewhere.
Those are still fairly common in the EU . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 2.45.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 2.45.59 PM.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 54
they probably are fine to use but if you need to change the hose length or they're starting to get weird on the OPV mechanism if they've seen too much salt they don't make them anymore
I found that the OPV is still available.

Pricey, to be sure; but those that I have, do not leak . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 2.45.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 2.45.02 PM.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 43
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom