Poseidon Triton - overhaul or replace?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, we've already been in contact about the Triton, but it'll be a couple of days until I get it back from Scubatoys.

Have you checked into Scubatoys for the Odin yet? $49.95 + parts + your cost to ship there. I would have thought that Odin parts were still being made, unlike with the Triton. Doesn't it use the same parts as the Poseidon/DiveRite Jetstream? Still doesn't solve the issue of having a malfunction during a dive vacation, and no parts or service for thousands of miles.

If you're looking at the RG3000, check out Regulators - Regulator Packages - Dive Rite Regulator Package - Northeast Scuba Supply They also had some Flathead VI leftovers that were really reasonable.

Yes, we've already been in contact about the Triton, but it'll be a couple of days until I get it back from Scubatoys.

Have you checked into Scubatoys for the Odin yet? $49.95 + parts + your cost to ship there. I would have thought that Odin parts were still being made, unlike with the Triton. Doesn't it use the same parts as the Poseidon/DiveRite Jetstream? Still doesn't solve the issue of having a malfunction during a dive vacation, and no parts or service for thousands of miles.

If you're looking at the RG3000, check out Regulators - Regulator Packages - Dive Rite Regulator Package - Northeast Scuba Supply They also had some Flathead VI leftovers that were really reasonable.

I saw that on NE Scuba Supply - also saw ZeagleExpress has Flathead VI's for a really good price too.

I did find a place that service the Odin locally but it cost me a ton of cash - I could have bought a decent (used) Zeagle or Dive Rite for almost the same price.

If I did get a second Odin for the double setup, just getting hoses is an effort & 1/2 - just don't have the time to deal with it. Will keep it for a single tank but need a double setup for the tech stuff moving forward.

Thanks for the heads up & good luck.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom