Post your last gear purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some Apeks RK3 fins, coz I need more fins, must say though I do thus far much prefer them to Jets. Much more comfortable, neutral (?) and less stiff. The spring straps are also well thought out being angled. Not sure how well the plastic part of the straps will hold up to a decent knock though. Having said that the attachment is the same as Jets et al so could use XS springs.

Once again I was a "winner" on eBay.

Got me some Aquatica Nikonos camera tray stuff. But I am confused. I thought Aquatica was a Montreal company (that bought the scraps of Amphibico). The stuff I won was aquatica made in the usa by nikon. If any one can explain...

BuddaSummer, I thought I'd read Apeks RK3 fins were pretty heavy? Of the large foot pocket fins, the only one I found reputed to be roughly neutral were the OMS Slipstreams (which only go to 2 XL size). Any idea what your paid of RK3's weigh?

Richard.

P.S.: I got a Spare Air 3 (for solo diving; yeah, I know about the Spare Air vs. Pony debate) & a refurb. Canon G16 with FantaSea housing to replace my old G10 that died (lens wouldn't retract).

BuddaSummer, I thought I'd read Apeks RK3 fins were pretty heavy? Of the large foot pocket fins, the only one I found reputed to be roughly neutral were the OMS Slipstreams (which only go to 2 XL size). Any idea what your paid of RK3's weigh?

Richard.

P.S.: I got a Spare Air 3 (for solo diving; yeah, I know about the Spare Air vs. Pony debate) & a refurb. Canon G16 with FantaSea housing to replace my old G10 that died (lens wouldn't retract).

They are definitely lighter than Jets, I've only tried them in fresh water and they very slowly sank. I don't have scales so cannot weigh them but heres a link with specs:

Apeks RK3 Fins | Scuba Center | Military Fins

]

Rk3 are 1.2kg each in large. F1 X large 1.8kg each according to my kitchen scales.

on an eBay urge, I bought some random Aquatica Nikonos flip mount stuff... Will arirve in a few days...

2 X DGX 3L HP steel tanks with inline valves and vindicator knobs.

Seasoft TX3 Drysuit

---------- Post added January 10th, 2016 at 09:23 AM ----------

Faber F7-HP80

I recently purchased a used sealife camera with external flash for 300 bucks and currently in the process of purchasing an apeks harness with an oms ss backplate oms wing with 95lbs lift and either a lp 108 steel worthington tank to match up with my current one or a set of used lp 95s for doubles in either as well as manifold bands and what not why does it seem like everytime I go to my lds I am walking out of their with less money

Back
Top Bottom