PPD X'Mas Shebang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i know i volunteered iris for this pero (as usual) i started thinking on the way home...

there's quite a number of us around, more than 20 actually, including fringe friends and DOR buddies... that's pretty cool... so i was thinking like this: why don't we all chip in a little money for our xmas party?

ganito idea ko:

1. all divers going chip in about 500 each. if 20 of us go that's immediately 10k, i fed 80 people at don henricos for my kid's binyag for 18k (4k of w/c was bottomless iced tea) so imagine if we even feed just half that number and drinks are KKB? (parang liveaboard)... doesn't have to be fancy... also if we reserve a place and they "cater" that means we have an area to ourselves where we can make noise have fun, get plastered, etc...

2. i was also thinking a small portion of the 500 (100? 150?) will go to a pool that will buy some small items at an LDS for raffling off - doesn't have to be bcs and regs (although sana diba?) but little stuff that a diver would appreciate and celebrate the season (log book, slate, octo holder, hanger, gear bag, etc.)...

3. we can charge a small addiitonal (100? 150?) for non-diver guests (wives, housebunds, GFs/BFs, life partners) to help cover food... maybe even get a few non-diver prizes just so they're not left out (snorkel, mask, makeup kit, sassy girl notebook, whatever)

4. on top of all this we solicit prizes from our local dive shops - especially the ones who we patronize and post referrals to online (gordon, ellen, aquav, aqua1, sworld, etc.) - any little thing will do although BCs/ regs, liveaboards, bp/ws would be great hahahaha - again, all in the spirit of fun

5. we might even be able to solicit some prizes from our resident instructors (something with almost no overhead cost for them - AOW or EAN course, etc.)

6. anyone else who wants to throw in a prize can also do so (e.g. extra regs at home, extra BCs, BP/Ws or whatnot, old SS BP)

the whole point is that aside from the great time we'll be having together, there'll be a little something pa for the xmas season...

all we need of course is a date and a venue to do this in and some people to handle some committee work...

might i volunteer the following:
  • iris/ish - venue coordination
  • spoon/jon - prize committee
  • pao/ jai - solicitation committee (being instructors you have more clout with LDSs) but we will help siyempre and i can send you a preliminary solicitation letter later
  • caloy - accountant/ collector
seryoso ako dito ha... willing to help on all aspects too

the amount/s are off the top of my head but i'm not one to make it expensive for everyone so we can always negotiate the charges (e.g. a ppd rate, a non-ppd rate, a non-diver rate, etc.)... of course the more people collect, the more happiness goes around diba?

what do you think? let's do this?

Jag

wow jag! great ideas and great start. wala nalang commitee. lets just volunteer in areas we see we may have a role to contribute in:) since its relatively early i think the best would be to decide on a date and a place so that we can make arrangements already.

come dec it will be very difficult to get a place as most of these places will already pre-booked!

Spoon:
wow jag! great ideas and great start. wala nalang commitee. lets just volunteer in areas we see we may have a role to contribute in:) since its relatively early i think the best would be to decide on a date and a place so that we can make arrangements already.

come dec it will be very difficult to get a place as most of these places will already pre-booked!
i agree... "comm heads" really just so there's a "someone in charge"... especially when the money starts coming in (i'm thinking we just deposit in someone's account especially for downpayment and prize-buying purposes)...

i've been thinking about it, i think i want to volunteer for the prizes group... parang naexcite ako to buy a bunch of prizes/ stuff for a given amount... parang shopping for xmas decors in divisoria with a given budget hahahahaha...

either way we have to start NOW... venues are already being eaten up by companies and groups.. let's start deciding guys

Jag

yup, the venue would be the first to be resolved...ish mentioned 90 proof along emerald ave.

actually, it would be better sana if we do it at someone's place para no time restrictions...pero that's just me (problem din kasi yung post part clean up)

a small venue with good food, nice music & drinks would be great

90 proof. . small but cozy, 80s music, good food, cheap beer (37.00).

and there's Tiananmen Bar in Makati Ave, laid back, chill out music, GOOD food, cheap beer from 5pm - 8pm (25.00), 50 peso beer onwards.

jonix:
have to sched early...i heard paolo's gonna be in cebu come xmas time :D

i'll try to ask my badminton partner if he could spare some unilever gift bags for the event...para may pang laba na si koya bwahahahah
Hoy meh washing machine na ito...high tech na tayo kapatid.

Spoon:
wala nalang commitee. lets just volunteer in areas we see we may have a role to contribute in:)!

yes i agree to this.

I think it is better to have people volunteer than appoint people without their consent, parang nasa iskul yun ah. LEt the professionals volunteer themselves if they want to so that we don't put people on the spot and make them feel uncomfortable.

after all the group has proven that if it wants to do something collectively the individuals would contribute what they want to contribute of their own time and accessibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom