Presidente & Blue XT~Sea Trip Report (Jan 31-Feb 9)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
Nice report and photos. I especially liked the shrimp in the vase...#54, I think. Crisp on the critter and then softer farther out...very nice effect. Well done!
It was completely accidental... but, Thanks!

Moodiejeff:
Grand Cenote:
Max Depth - 29ft.
Avg. Depth - 18ft.
Dive length - 44min.
Temp - 77f

I'm sure we were done by 12:00 at the absolute latest probably more like 11:00. Gear was not included... we schlepped all our gear but, like I said, Diego had a truck which made things a snap. We literally had to do nothing but get the bags to the ferry and then back to the hotel.

I really was kind of leery about doing the cenotes 'cause I thought it would be a real pain with all the gear... not so. While we were in Tulum, Diego stayed with the truck and watched over it.

Next time I go I would consider doing 2 Cenotes w/ Diego. Mia absolutely loved it, I liked it enough to try it again. I would definitely make sure to do 2 that are different.

Tulum was great but I doubt if I'll ever go back.

Who are you diving with over in Coz?

I'm diving with Blue XTSea. Middle of June. The more I've read lately the happier I am about that. I was thinking of staying at the Caribe Blu and doing the low budget trip this year. But we decided to stay at Casa Mexicana, eat in town and dive with XTSea. My wife's hoping to be out of the water for a while after this trip. :wink:

That sounds like the perfect dive for the day before flying. Almost a 45 min. safety stop. What time did you get started on the ferry? I'm sure you always stay within reach of the opening of the cenote? :06:

gdenny:
I'm diving with Blue XTSea. Middle of June. The more I've read lately the happier I am about that. I was thinking of staying at the Caribe Blu and doing the low budget trip this year. But we decided to stay at Casa Mexicana, eat in town and dive with XTSea. My wife's hoping to be out of the water for a while after this trip. :wink:

That sounds like the perfect dive for the day before flying. Almost a 45 min. safety stop. What time did you get started on the ferry? I'm sure you always stay within reach of the opening of the cenote? :06:

I think we hit the 8:00 ferry, was at the Cenote by 10:00 ish. I know that Diego does 2 Cenote trips too if you were interested in using him. Best thing about doing the Cenotes last... No need to rinse your gear!

Yep, stayed within site of the opening.

I forgot to mention in my report that we also checked out Casa Mexicana... The room we saw was really nice. Everything is clean, no smells. It's pretty new construction which obviously makes a huge difference. I think your wife will approve :crafty: No beach though.

Hey Jeff, just saw your report now. What caught my eye was when I saw the name "Diego".

I took my Cavern and Intro to Cave with him last fall. Christi hooked me up with him. As you say, a real nice guy, and the black Ford pick-up will get him through a couple more years!

After finishing my full cave, he and I did some "fun" diving together. (For the record, Diego is of course full cave certified, but instructs to Intro only. I believe he's working towards Full cave instructor).

We even took a tour of his house that's under construction in Coz. I had a great week with him, and hope to see him again this fall.

Glad you liked it!

Scuba_Steve:
Hey Jeff, just saw your report now. What caught my eye was when I saw the name "Diego".

I took my Cavern and Intro to Cave with him last fall. Christi hooked me up with him. As you say, a real nice guy, and the black Ford pick-up will get him through a couple more years!

After finishing my full cave, he and I did some "fun" diving together. (For the record, Diego is of course full cave certified, but instructs to Intro only. I believe he's working towards Full cave instructor).
We only saw his red pickup that he keeps in PDC. He was telling us about his VW bug and his dogs... they sound BIG.

Did you do the caves on Coz or in PDC? Nobody ever talks about the Coz caves here on the board. I guess Cozumel isn't the place to go cave diving!

Hehehe. Yeah his dogs ARE big (The one anyway). I wouldn't go near them. The big one was snarling to beat the band from the other side of the fence!

I've done caves on both sides of the lake :)

The Coz caves are nice, but they don't have the "eye candy", for the most part, that the mainland ones do. Besides, the caves on Coz have next to zero cavern zone, and would be a pretty boring dive IMO, for those not certified.

Not to say I wouldn't do the Coz caves again, as I can assure you, I will!

The one with Diego that I last did was Chunkannab, site B or C??? Anyway, it starts in the "jungle" and ends up in the ocean. What a sweet transition from fresh to salt as the cave progresses. Not to mention the Myan pottery about 500ft or so inside! Damn, that was king when I saw it. There was even a note left by a fellow diver at that spot.

Some spot are a little tough to get at vs. the mainland one's too. And we had to shlepp doubles through that crap!

QueenAngel:
Nice report Jeff! Great diving with you guys!

Cindy
Hi Cindy! It was nice diving with you too!

Mia

Excellent report. I love details! Your enthusiasm is apparent and I'm happy you had a great time. For a last minute vacation, you did brilliantly well.

Love the turtle photos!!!!

Back
Top Bottom