Prism 2 needs a stand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been asking for a stand since last September. Looking at that stand option I can see why it would throw you around. That stand probably needs some holes in it to allow for water flow!

I'm interested in a stand for my Prism 2 as well.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the comments. We agree, the P2 needs a stand and it is something we are working on now. Hope to have something available soon.

How's the stand project coming along? I'd like to have something in hand for my trip to Grand Caymen in December.

I fabricated a stand for my Prism2 a few months ago. All aluminum, bolts to the H frame, allows for a can light battery or small argon bottle to be carried and has rails to allow boltsnaps for sidemounted bailout bottles. I'm considering selling them if anyone's interested.

Yes, I'm a lurker and this is my first post. I'm also a real person and that IS my Prism2 with my custom stand. :)

-Adrian
stand.jpg

I'm here at DiveTech getting some hours on the Prism 2. I'm quite pleased with the new BOV plumbed into my bailout bottle with a quick disconnect(22" hose), but it still needs a stand!

I'm here at DiveTech getting some hours on the Prism 2. I'm quite pleased with the new BOV plumbed into my bailout bottle with a quick disconnect(22" hose), but it still needs a stand!

I'm working on my design for version 2 of my stand. The current one doesn't easily allow me to mount a 13 cu ft argon bottle...

-Adrian

I'd like to get a pair of the small lungs which were announced last summer too.

I'd like to get a pair of the small lungs which were announced last summer too.

I'm currently using a set of small lungs. My instructor got them to try, but didn't like them because they rode too high on his shoulders, making the ADV harder to find & use, when he needed. Also really did not have the volume he needed & wanted. I tried them & love them. Having a smaller frame they sit better on my shoulders. The ADV is a little higher than the bigger lungs, but not too bad in my case. I love the smaller volume, as I have smaller lungs than my instructor. I found the smaller counterlungs also do not have nearly the buoyancy swing that the larger ones could have.

I'm fairly small and when running minimum loop volume I'm only using the top half or less of the large lungs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom