So there I was, at the scuba shop counter ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
about to leave with a single tank boot. And I looked down and saw three brand new HOG D2 DIN regs. Three of them. Sale priced from MSRP of $190 marked down to $160.

But wait! There's more!

The sticky on them said $80. Today only!

Now I couldn't just leave them sitting there, could I?

So, where and when do HOG hold their regulator class? May even be persuaded to travel. I had already bought a crusty D1 off a shady internet web site. And a Zenith second from SB. And the book. And a magmahelic gauge.

These three new arrivals will be put to good use quickly on my bench. One will be to supply air to the blowalator squirty gun and air bike/car tires. The second one will be the resident stand-in first stage bench reg for poor orphan second stages that cross the bench. The other one will be across the garage as to supply air to the gun cleaning bench blowalator squirty gun. (gonna move the old shop compressors out. Maybe to a charity. We'll see. Those should move at one fo the twice annually neighborhood garbage sale.)

Oh... building a scuba-duper home regulator and tank shop bench.

How in the hell does it happen that you can end up with a damn scuba shop in the garage with more tanks and regs than needed to outfit a whole OW course? I don't unnerstand. The GF unnerstands even less. I think I'm eating a frozen dinner alone tonight.

OMMOHY

If someone says you have too much scuba gear, get rid of them. No one needs that kind of negativity in their life.​
They claim that money doesn't buy happiness, but money buys scuba gear and that's the same thing.​

Leaving a perfectly good reasonably priced scuba-tank on the used market is air-abuse! Orphaned tanks deserve love and a good home too.

Leaving a perfectly good reasonably priced scuba-tank on the used market is air-abuse! Orphaned tanks deserve love and a good home too.
There's two good things that come in aluminum. Heavily compressed air. And beer.

The tank is good, but frankly, I'm more happy about the 3 HOG D2s.

OMMOHY

So, do you have a SCUBA compressor yet?

If someone says you have too much scuba gear, get rid of them. No one needs that kind of negativity in their life.​
They claim that money doesn't buy happiness, but money buys scuba gear and that's the same thing.​
If you are going to do that, make sure you do it before there is a marriage license involved. After a trip down the aisle, jettisoning a spouse could involve loss of half your dive gear.:oops:

If you are going to do that, make sure you do it before there is a marriage license involved. After a trip down the aisle, jettisoning a spouse could involve loss of half your dive gear.:oops:
You can always nurture and grow a new collection of dive-gear, a lot easier than deal with an angry viper demanding "WHAT DO YOU NEED ALL OF THOSE SCUBA TANKS FOR!?" on a daily basis.

Like a forest-fire, sometimes you have to let it burn, for new growth to flourish.

Fortunately that isn't true

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom