Pristine Reefs of Southern Mindanao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is what I point out on other blogs, that foreigners love the Philippines more that many Filipinos. the most unpatriotic one are still "SOME" of the media people that bad mouth the existing government(either Erap o GMA etc.), just to make news more exciting to sell, some even get to the point of getting herself being ###### just to get back to the limelight! funny!

Mindanao is one of the most beautiful and unspoilt places in the world which, unfortunately for Mindanao, has some very rich mineral resources.

Nobody is against improving infrastructure and the quality of life for people, but when mining takes priority over the environment, then this becomes a problem.

The lack of tourism infrastucture and development here (due to conflict) has allowed powerful companies to take forward unethical developments unhidered.

These same reasons has preserved many areas and left them virtually pristine.

If people had a good income from tourism, then these projects would be opposed with more force.

It is a shame that coal power stations in the PI's are still funded by taxpayers from all over the world via the World Bank and others, often without their knowlege.

Obama and others are changing their approach to this, but maybe too slow to prevent areas from being destroyed - not just from pollution, but from developments perpetuating conflict in areas where plants like this are built to support mining.

So, if you want to dive these places, then I urge that you make plans to do so sooner rather than later.

So, if you want to dive these places, then I urge that you make plans to do so sooner rather than later.

Got your drift, WWD. I will definitely try to go there VERY soon!

beauty u/w MINDANAO is still part of the Philippines, wish you all dive resorts and dive operators will join Philippines international dive show. you are welcome to join PCSSD.

hmmmm southern mindanao, prime area for seaweeds production :D

would you have any pics on sea weeds that are naturally growing in the area?

my latest dive sources from the 2 chinese speaking markets sites (Taiwan n Mainland China) is, in the future, the government will channel fund to better markets. since china dive market do not have the Filipino dive business support. just imagine the latest Taipei International dive show.Philippines booth is the biggest, most beautifully set on the front entrance. only 2 private dive business attended. last year at the mega city Shanghai, less than 5 attended. while we have the most numbers of friendly dive sites in the whole ASIA. as said by our main competitors, the Malay, Thai, and Indonesia.

Hi Dingho, The major problem why we do not attend dive shows etc is the simple face that we do not know of them and we do not get invited! Our local tourism office is totally usless and if a show comes up then the tourism members use the free trips for themselves and not for the dive industry as was shown well at the Clamshell a while ago! They sent some good looking chicks there, all expenses paid who knew nothing about diving while we were not even informed that the event was happening!
Sorry, not our fault!

dive show or no dive show, the PPD will sponsor any trip from Gensan to Manila with free lodging for those good looking chicks.

Back
Top Bottom