Private label production regulators

Would you buy/dive "private label" equipment?

• I would dive only with “brand name” scuba equipment I know and trust

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • I would buy and dive "private label" scuba equipment

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I would only buy it if I'm sure I can get full service and a full (US) warranty

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I would buy “private label” equipment only trough a dealer I trust, but not trough the I

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salvo regulators are made by Duton Industries in Taiwan. They did also make a lot of regulators for Dive Rite before they switched to Poseidon.

nope, not so

I service regs....and can dive any brand I want, I dive "private label" regs as they are as good or actually better than the majors which are at a much greater cost....my personal fave that I have been diving and very purposefully not cleaning and in general abusing, if you want to call it a "private Label" is the Edge Epic, a cutting edge first stage with a great second stage which is usually the downfall of a "private label'....why spend more cash on something that does the same thing...
Yarg

Salvo regulators are made by Duton Industries in Taiwan. They did also make a lot of regulators for Dive Rite before they switched to Poseidon. .

As far as I know, the Salvo regs are made by Ocean Divers Supply Tawain inc.

They've also made Dive Rite regs. Maybe not all of them, but at least some of them. This was even verified on Deco Stop by one of their employees.

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe I’m missing something here. Divers Supply does not manufacture any equipment, they buy (among others) from ODS (ODS) 3F, 25-1, Alley 200, Lane 38, Takwan Rd., Sec. 1 Panchiao, Taipei, Taiwan
Tel: 886-2-29608414, 2-29666605
FAX: 886-2-29686531
Est. Year: 1988 Employees: 50, Capital: NT$ 10,000,000, Chief Executive Officer: Steve Ku.
If you know more, please let me know cerich. Thanks!

my personal fave that I have been diving and very purposefully not cleaning and in general abusing, if you want to call it a "private Label" is the Edge Epic, a cutting edge first stage with a great second stage which is usually the downfall of a "private label'....why spend more cash on something that does the same thing...
Yarg

They are also coming out with reg parts kits that will be available for purchase from your LDS......Chris at HOG is coming out with some killer stuff....Stay tuned :D

Sorry, maybe I’m missing something here. Divers Supply does not manufacture any equipment, they buy (among others) from ODS (ODS) 3F, 25-1, Alley 200, Lane 38, Takwan Rd., Sec. 1 Panchiao, Taipei, Taiwan
Est. Year: 1988 Employees: 50, Capital: NT$ 10,000,000, Chief Executive Officer: Steve Ku.
I know a lot more, including that the owner Steve Ku passed away on the 21st after a long fight with cancer. He was a great person and a unsung force in the diving world.

Seriously, I make my living knowing more on this issue, supply sources are extremely valuable and I'm only going to point out when wrong assumptions are made, not give away every source I or others use. Hope you understand.

Cave Diver... I said Divers Supply Tawain, but I meant to say Ocean Divers Supply Tawain... Which is the same company you reference here... but not the same as Duton Industries that you referenced before. (to my knowledge).

I've corrected my above post. My apologies if it created confusion.

Not to be confused with Divers Supply that is HQ in Macon Ga... However, they do get their Sea Elite brand of equpment made at Ocean Divers Supply Tawain.

They are also coming out with reg parts kits that will be available for purchase from your LDS......Chris at HOG is coming out with some killer stuff....Stay tuned :D

Others like Mike here have big mouths!:D
I will confirm that I currently have a new first stage in development and new second stage. The purpose of which is to offer in the HOG line as a top of the line technical regulator with superb breathing and gas flow capability. It is 10 months so far in prototype and I will say that I am currently at a WOB of below .65 joules and consistent! The first stage is a flow thru balanced piston design with gobs of gas flow.
Expect it to be arrived in retailers by March of next year (at the latest)

Cave Diver... I said Divers Supply Tawain, but I meant to say Ocean Divers Supply Tawain... Which is the same company you reference here... but not the same as Duton Industries that you referenced before. (to my knowledge).

I've corrected my above post. My apologies if it created confusion.

Not to be confused with Divers Supply that is HQ in Macon Ga... However, they do get their Sea Elite brand of equpment made at Ocean Divers Supply Tawain.

Not all of their equipment.

I have met Frankie Chen from Duton industries many times for various reasons. Duton owns the brand name AQUATEC but are in fact an OEM Bouyancy compensator manufacturing company.

The rest of their brand lines like the knives, regulators, lights etc are all manufactured by other various companies like Ocean divers supply under the Aquatec brand name.

In some instances Aquatec (Duton) own the tooling, but in house, they only manufacture Bouyancy compensators - and a very good one at that.

Back
Top Bottom