Private OW Cert recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey, my dad wants to get certified, but he wants it done like 'wham bam thank you ma'am' style. Pretty much 4 days.

And doesn't want to pay a grip load.

I have 2 shops I can refer him too, but 1 is overpriced and the other is completely unorganized.

He'll also do his certs at Lake Pleasant.

Any recommendations?

There are a lot of instructors not associated with dive shops here in the valley. My only reason for mentioning them is that it would make sense that they would be more flexible in their scheduing. My only experience with "freelance" instructors is with Kris and Mindy Przeor (did my rescue class and one of my sons did PADI Seals with them), who I highly recommend.

My fav LDS is Saguaro (did my OW with them) and they have a lot of good instructors on staff. Saguaro and the Przeors are reasonably priced and I'm sure that they all would work around your dad's schedule.

Last edited:
Awesome Steve. Im trying to keep it located in the North valley, and possibly even do the open waters in the instructors pool or a shop with a pool.

I'd have to recommend Kris & Mindy Przeor also. I did a Peak Performance Buoyancy class with them and Nancy did her OW with them. They were great and I plan to work with them again in the future. I know they are from the East Valley but I'd bet you could work something out
Here is their website link:
Salva Vida Scuba

Hey, this is Mindy from Salva Vida Scuba ... we'd be happy to try to work something out with you if you're interested. Feel free to email me at mindy@salvavidascuba.com or send us a PM and let us know what time frame your dad is looking for and we'll see if we're a good match for you.

Thanks Steve & Rob for the recommendations!

Thanks Mindy, I sent my dad your web address, Ill get with him this weekend about what he wants...

Hi Mindy!!!! I would also highly recommend Kris and Mindy...they are great instructors and good people!!!
Calle, I Hope it works out for your dad to get with them!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom