Pro Dive in Fort Lauderdale - Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcgowman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anybody been out with Pro Dive in Fort Lauderdale recently?

Am looking for any positive or negative experiences. What kind of shape is their boat in? How was the staff? Was it a cattle boat? Do they allow divers & snorklers on the same trip? etc, etc.

I tried searching the forum, but 'pro' & 'dive' are pretty generic search terms on a scuba web site. :idk:

I know they were closed for a while back in 2008 but have since reopened.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Has anybody been out with Pro Dive in Fort Lauderdale recently?

Am looking for any positive or negative experiences. What kind of shape is their boat in? How was the staff? Was it a cattle boat? Do they allow divers & snorklers on the same trip? etc, etc.

I tried searching the forum, but 'pro' & 'dive' are pretty generic search terms on a scuba web site. :idk:

I know they were closed for a while back in 2008 but have since reopened.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Has anybody been out with Pro Dive in Fort Lauderdale recently? Yes

How was the staff? Staff was very friendly, helpful and professional

Was it a cattle boat? It's a big assed dive boat so by nature you could call it a cattle boat but I never felt crowded while on it.

Do they allow divers & snorklers on the same trip? Don't know, give them a call and ask: 954-776-3483.

I was going to dive with them this weekend but ended up in Jupiter
for some very nice drift diving. If you get lucky enough to get on a trip
with as few as eight to ten divers on Pro Dive you will have more room
than you can imagine, it is a big boat. A few years back I was on it when
they were at capacity and I thought there was enough room to get by but
there was a lot of activity so I didn't dive with them for a while. On my next
trip with them there were eight divers and it was a very relaxing trip.
Crew seemed knowledgeable and boat seemed to be in decent shape.

Pro Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Scuba Instructor Training

I think that Pro Dive is pretty good, but if I was going to recommend a snorkeling operation to my very best friend, I'd point them to Sea Experience instead. They have two boats; Sea Experience is snorkelers only (although I believe they will put divers on in the afternoon if it isn't full and if the diver requests it...haven't actually been aboard myself). Sea Experience II is their big, fast, stable Corinthian and even when full to capacity with divers, I've never felt crowded on it. They will take snorkelers and divers out at the same time. Both boats have glass bottom viewing windows, too. Friendliest dive op in South Florida.

Thanks Debby. I know you're a big fan of Sea Experience.

Am planning on being down in FLL next weekend. My buddy has a preference for Pro Dive, but hasn't been out with them since they reopened. So, am looking for recent feedback on their operation.

Haven't ruled out SeaExp. :wink:

Actually, Bill Cole, Captain/Owner of SeaXP, designed the Pro Diver II. It's a great boat, and I've been on it less than a year ago, I just prefer SeaXP and they do take snorkelers out.

The boat, Prodiver II is out for repairs. They are using (renting) another boat from another Dive Operation from up north. Still a great crew and operation. Just the boat has changed. We have been diving with them, off and on since 2003

Pro Dive, Sea Experience, and American Dream II all do a great job. My preference falls to American Dream simply because they are 15 minutes closer to the inlet AND have a fast boat. That equates to more bottom time since all three try to keep similar schedules.

I've never had anything but an awesome time on American Dream. Not sure if they take snorkelers on dive trips? Brian, they are maybe two minutes closer to the inlet than Sea Experience. :wink:

I've never had anything but an awesome time on American Dream. Not sure if they take snorkelers on dive trips? Brian, they are maybe two minutes closer to the inlet than Sea Experience. :wink:

Idle speed between Bahia Mar and Pier 66 is much more than two minutes :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom