Pro Plus X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Yellowdog, you do know you can remove the compass. I did that with my PP3 and was surprised at the weight and size reduction. Oceanic has a handle you can install for $10.00

I didn't see this on their website. Tell me more please. I have the 2.1. Took the compass off for a while but with the existing holder, didn't help enough. Would love to have just the unit and a holder without that compass bracket.

---------- Post added November 20th, 2015 at 08:44 AM ----------

An example that you can't please everyone. One of the things I liked about the Pro Plus 2 was the analog compass, because I've not been a fan of digital.

Richard.

Agree - I do not like digital compasses either. For me it is awkward to use the compass on the pro plus for anything but casual direction. Really hard for mapping projects. I went with a chest mounted compass with retracting lanyard. Staying on point much easier.

2 questions for those that have seen the X, is the quick connect the same as on the other Pro-Plus models, and have they gone to a braided hose?

Back
Top Bottom