"problem with drysuit attached boot."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Si Tech is going to be selling a ring system for boots, now folks can have the option of swapping between boot types/styles if they want. It appears to be as easy as using their Quick Glove system.
As of last week, they weren't sure how much it was going to be, but from the looks of it, it shouldn't be much [if any] more than cuff rings.

Reviewed many of your opinions and again want to thank you all for the options that i might have.

Lal 7176, i have thought about this and if everything else fails and i don't feel comfortable with my boots,i might have to go that route. I thought about that before my purchase, and maybe should of gone that route. I quess with the attached socks and rock boots, you have very little air problems. I was wondering though, are the boots pretty heavy and cumbersome?

Thanks for the info Bob 3, about Si-tec and boot lock ring system.
I'll keep my eyes open and check out the net. This sounds like a good idea for them to create something like this for drysuit divers.

For right now i'm sorta thinking of a pair of ankel strapes and maybe a pair of fin grippers first.

The other night i put on an extra pair of cotton socks on inside of my boots and seamed to help alot for taking up room. Didn't have time to get back into the pool for tryout. Hope so soon.

Safe diving to you all::wink:

Garfish once bubbled...
[
Lal 7176, i have thought about this and if everything else fails and i don't feel comfortable with my boots,i might have to go that route. I thought about that before my purchase, and maybe should of gone that route. I quess with the attached socks and rock boots, you have very little air problems. I was wondering though, are the boots pretty heavy and cumbersome?

I have a bare ATR HD drysuit with trek boots(bares version of DUI Rock boots).The boots are very light weight and not cumbersome at all.I have absolutely no problems with trapped air in feet.

The downside is that they do take longer to put on as you have to don your suit and then put on your boots.Some people claim the laces can be a snag hazard.Make sure you tuck in all loose ends.Last but not least they are bigger than most attached boots making it hard to find fins.I currently use turtles and XXLG apollos.Those were the only fins i could find to fit my foot besides force fins but i wont go there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom