"problem with drysuit attached boot."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeez, I should have told you they're kind of a "Y"-shaped stirrup that stretches from the back of the heel to the top and bottom of the foot, which "snugs up" the boot quite a bit. I use them too, though my boot fits fine, just as an extra protection against air in the boot.

I am familiar with the product.
They used to be called fin keepers, and date back to the days of slipper fins (full foot pocket fins).
They wouldn't solve my problem, I had cold feet, a lack of insulation issue.

Thanks for the advise.
It might help Garfish though.

MikeD

Hi folks:

Thanks mike for the info that i was wondering about. I'm going to try first a pair of felt liners to see if this would help. I have some foot garments that would work within the liners.

Also going to see if i can locate a pair of "Gaitors". Good advice Northeast Wreck.

The suit that i have purchase is the Whites composite suit. It's a well made suit . I sort of wished i went with the next size down boot but it was a little restrictive.

I hope to perfect my diving with the drysuit were to a point i'll use the least amount of gas which might help solve the problem within the suit.

Mike...good photo of your boots.

Thanks again guys....... Sam

:wink:

Garfish once bubbled...
Also going to see if i can locate a pair of "Gaitors".
Instead of full blown gaitors you might want to just try velcro straps.

I have one suit with attached boots and I use a 2" wide velcro wrap around each ankle. I like it better with than without. I just happened to have a bunch of these I use on the boat and around the shop but I'm sure you could find something that would work.

Course in a pinch.. duct tape will do the job :wink:

I love duck tape, keep it in my save a dive kit.

RED GREEN would be proud,

If you can't get it at Home depot, you probably don't need it!

LOL

MikeD
:blfish:

Fin Keepers! I think Trident makes them. They are a simple rubber strap that goes over the top of you boot, under the bottom and over the heel. About 6 bucks in a dive shop. They keep air out of your boot and would help to make them a little more snug on the sides.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom