Problem with generic braided hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 12Q3 that leaks at the crimp.... I can't remember who i got it from, so I am stuck with junk..... It was purchased as a spare, and I had it for over a year. Leaks the first time I connect it... nice! :rolleyes:

Leaks at the crimp is a very different failure mode than unseen internal disintegration that results in total air loss with no warning.

I have a 12Q3 that leaks at the crimp.... I can't remember who i got it from, so I am stuck with junk..... It was purchased as a spare, and I had it for over a year. Leaks the first time I connect it... nice! :rolleyes:

I had exactly the same problem with a DuoKev hose I bought as a spare, about a year after purchase I started using it and it leaked right off the bat, DGX were great and gave me the benefit of the doubt and replaced it. Lesson learnt, try all hoses on arrival.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom