Problem with N2ition 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken I got yours today and here is what i found

• Screens were 'dim' and switched slowly. Seem to 'fade' in.
  • hitting the 'water' button made it beep continuously.
  • The battery symbol in the upper left corner was active indicating low battery voltage.
  • When I checked the battery voltage it read 2.47v
  • New battery fixed the issue.

Total dive time on the computer is 29 hrs and 44 mins
Either the factory installed batteries are not too strong out of the box or the computer goes through batteries a little faster than what we are used to.

I'm guessing as the battery gets low and when a diver enters the water, the computer starts working harder and causes a quick drop in voltage to the point that it can no longer function correctly. Surfacing and removing the battery will remove the drain and the battery would recover some of it's voltage allowing some function again.
Kind of like when a flash light goes dead you can shut it off for a few then it will work again for a few moments.

When azjohnnyo's computer comes in we will see if the case is the same but for now I'll say that the computer is safe we can dive on.

In the mean time I'm also going to start a burn test and see how long the factory battery lasts.

Can either of you tell me if you used the compass or the back light a lot?

Hey Gibby,
I have used the compass and backlight very rarely...that being said, I just ran the numbers from my dive log and I have about 30-32 hours...give or take as I did not record a couple lake tec training dives and pool training dives. After I pulled the battery, it did work fine for about 2 hours worth of dives...I really hope that the battery is the only issue! Thanks for your help on this. It's really great to have this kind of access to a company!

How cold was the water? The colder the lower the power.

That will explain why it went away after a while.

Also the manual does say that if the battery icon is ON it will not go into diving mode.

The dive where the computer went out on me was in the high 50F range. So chilly.

Gibby, did my computer show a low battery icon? I did use the compass a few times, but not excessively.

I forgot to add that I do use the backlight more than average as most of the dives were in caves or at night.

Looks like Zeagle sent me a brand new computer. I would have to give Zeagle high marks for their customer service!

Keep an eye out for than low battery icon.
Seiko may have been wrong in telling us that it would prevent a dive if it is active.

I tested the functions this weekend and the back light uses 12X more energy than the normal logging and calculation operations of the computer. Compass uses 2X more.

The batteries 'should' provide 100 or more dive hours of operation.
The finger is still pointing to low capacity factory (Seiko) installed batteries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom