Pro's and Con's Of Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pros: Met some really good friends and have a lot of fun. Can't get enough of the sport.

Cons: Never have enough money! There is always that one more piece of gear or that next dive trip. Definitely not a cheap sport.

Pros: relaxation and good family time.
Cons: not enough time to dive and sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate with my dive plans

pros:

Lifestyle – you're less likely to indulge in unhealthy things like booze, drugs, inactivity, or poor diet. When i get bored with my exercise routine (often), thinking about diving helps incentivize.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: :cheers: :coke: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Pros:
Quiet
Peaceful
relaxing
I have seen for myself and taken pictures of several rare creatures that 99.9% of the world will never see first hand.
People, places and attitudes that make the memories that last a life time!
Life long friends who only have to share only one interest to be worth keeping as friends
Exotic locals for dive trips where few ever travel unless they are also divers
(There are way too many to continue listing)

Cons:
It is easier to die from a careless mistake underwater
Hiring sherpa's to carry my gear :)

Pros: Only practical way I know to experience life on another planet.

Cons: Best way I know to totally deplete my bank account right fast.

Pro - Activity encouraged after having a total hip replacement. (I have one, asked my doc if it was ok, its one of the recommended things to do)

Con - As pointed out a lot, draining your bank account.

This could be considered either a pro or a con:

b_b173.gif

Cons:

Difficult to get life insurance
I'd be rich if I didn't dive

Pros: 1) You can't hear your kids fighting with each other when you're underwater. 2) Very relaxing, peaceful & makes you feel closer spiritually.
Cons: 1) Re-acquainting yourself with gravity when getting out of the water with 50 pounds on your back. 2) Drain on the wallet whenever you step into a dive shop & see the shiny new toys you suddenly have to have.

Pro:
Fun
Bragging (face it, most people never do scuba diving, and many of those folks think it's awesome)
Telling a girl you are a Master Dive / Rescue diver = more chance to pick up said girl :)
Getting to see awesome things that you normally can't see

Con:
It can get cold, really f'n cold
It's expensive
You are less likely to do any vacations that don't involve diving
Your family will think you hate them because you spend your entire vacation under water and not with them
You are likely to get searched more at the airport
You are likely to want to punch the airlines in the face with their stupid policies
You become paranoid about your baggage
You just added another way for your life to end - though dying in an adventure is better then dying in bed

Pros: Only practical way I know to experience life on another planet.

Cons: Best way I know to totally deplete my bank account right fast.

Give me access to your accounts, I'll help you find out new ways to deplete your account "right fast" :) The best part, you won't have to do anything :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom