Proton mouthpiece?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got one of these for a Proton Metal second stage.

$11 LONG BITE BLACK SILICONE REGULATOR MOUTHPIECE - (eBay item 300114371823 end time Nov-19-07 15:24:18 PST)

I slide it all the way forward until it contacts the "air tube" portion of the second stage body. Then I use the tiewrap. It fits my mouth quite well, leaving the exhaust tee resting gently on my chin. Had it about a year and a half, and it is holding up well. Comfy.

The Mares mouthpiece would be OK if you had a mouth like a bluegill.

hahaha! thanks for the input i'll check it out.

People, this does NOT fit on this reg. I know some of you have it on there, but because you have to force it on there doesn't necessarily mean that it's supposed to be there.
a) yes, I believe that Mares designates the MR-12 as the first stage but irregardless the mouthpiece is going on the second stage so it really shouldn't matter.
b) When i'm referring to the attachment portion not being the right size, yes it is a width issue but take a look at the length. See a 1/4" gap? does that look right to anybody that has jammed these on? maybe you like using a hammer to fix your camera?
c) and lastly, when i call the mfg. specifically to ask about this issue and they point blank tell me that 'there is no product we make that fits that reg' wouldn't you guys assume this mouthpiece shouldn't be on there?

The initial point of this post was to find a mouthpiece that would fit. The seacure does not and should not be on this reg. We could debate all day long whether or not we could force it on there and whether it would work or not. End of story. I appreciate everybody's input but also believe that it's time to move on here. If anybody's got feedback on a different type of mouthpiece i'd be stoked to hear about it. thank you.

Big Toes, have looked into Mares's JAX mouthpiece? It's just about the same thing. You can mold it the same way as Seacure's mouthpieces. The only real difference is that it already has "teeth slots" on the mouthpiece. You should be able to check it out on Mares website and get all the details. Got it on my Proton Metal and Dacor DPD.

That eBay one works for me. If you don't like it, you are not out much. As with many things, installation was aided by spit.

People, this does NOT fit on this reg. I know some of you have it on there, but because you have to force it on there doesn't necessarily mean that it's supposed to be there.
a) yes, I believe that Mares designates the MR-12 as the first stage but irregardless the mouthpiece is going on the second stage so it really shouldn't matter.
b) When i'm referring to the attachment portion not being the right size, yes it is a width issue but take a look at the length. See a 1/4" gap? does that look right to anybody that has jammed these on? maybe you like using a hammer to fix your camera?
c) and lastly, when i call the mfg. specifically to ask about this issue and they point blank tell me that 'there is no product we make that fits that reg' wouldn't you guys assume this mouthpiece shouldn't be on there?

The initial point of this post was to find a mouthpiece that would fit. The seacure does not and should not be on this reg. We could debate all day long whether or not we could force it on there and whether it would work or not. End of story. I appreciate everybody's input but also believe that it's time to move on here. If anybody's got feedback on a different type of mouthpiece i'd be stoked to hear about it. thank you.

...I'd recommend you 'Google' search and/or contact MARES about a "JAX" mouthpiece, this is a European clone of the American Seacure:

Jax Mouthpiece - Mares Equipment From Sussex Scuba Diving

it's actually manufactured by MARES !!!

Karl

thanks for the jax mouthpiece info guys i'll look into it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom