Provo & San Salvador diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leyendahp:
Hello,

Planning a trip to San Salvador this December. I have read so many great things about the diving there. We will be staying at the Club Med. Just wondering about transporting my gear and what if any weight or baggage limits there may be or problems anyone may have ran into while getting to the island.

Has anyone been there during December and if so what should I expect as far as the diving and what critters I may see this time of year?

Has anyone dove with Club Med and RRI and can give me a comparison?

Thanks!

Club Med is a good choice. I prefer Club Med too. You will be given any baggage limitations when your boarding information is mailed to you. We usually go with two bags each. One with clothing and one with dive gear. My bags usually weigh in at 40 to 60 pounds each.

December is a good time of year to go. You should enjoy seeing some of the Hammerheads that frequent the island in the winter months. The walls are very deep around the island, so always know your depth! There has been casualties.

You will have a great time. The beach and water are great.

Jim

archman:
Hi Jim, welcome to the Board! I'll be at the Gerace station on San Sal for most of this summer. We just moved from Eleuthera. My classes do a lot of scuba diving, I look forward to another scuba outfit making its way to the island. As far as I know there's just Round Rock and Club Med, and Club Med is exclusive.

I am a starfish scientist. Could you embellish on the white cushion starfish in your photo?

The star fish was found about 40 feet off shore in about 12 feet of water. After taking some pictures, it was placed a good distance out to prevent collectors from picking it up.

San Sal is a very interesting place. You'll like the island.
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom