PST E7 120 or E8 119????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I would like all the pros and cons of these two tanks (PST E7 120 or E8 119). Currently I am diving a Faber80 and am pretty happy with it, I would just like more air. I dive in Southern CA mostly boat but will start doing more beach very soon (another reason for the larger tank). I dive dry and got my trim decent. i can't think of anything alse you need to know.

rstark:
Hi all,
I would like all the pros and cons of these two tanks (PST E7 120 or E8 119). Currently I am diving a Faber80 and am pretty happy with it, I would just like more air. I dive in Southern CA mostly boat but will start doing more beach very soon (another reason for the larger tank). I dive dry and got my trim decent. i can't think of anything alse you need to know.

My only beef with HP tanks is that many dive shops can't seem to fill them completely.

Get an LP if possible.

Many dive shops can't seem to fill any kind of tank completly.

One's short and fat and the other is tall and skinny, I prefer taller tanks because they trim out better (the weight is distributed over a greater area) and they are easier to get into (the 119s are so short I have to bend down on one knee to get into my harness).

Since they're both rated to the same pressure, you'll have "short-fill" problems either way.

I'd go with the E7-120

Ben

As far as short fills go, I'll get at least 96-107cf which is a lot more than what I'm getting now.

I would recommend you look into the E-130 (pka 104s). Sizewise, it's in-between the 119 and 120. The 119 is considered head-heavy and I can vouch for that. The 120 is just a very long tank. The 130s are better balanced and will help your trim a lot more than the 119s and 120s.

Those tanks will still contain from 95 to 104 cft at 2640 psi. That's still a lot of gas, even if you get a "regular" pressure fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom