PST...From the "Horse's Mouth."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://www.pstscuba.com/cgi-bin/nlcurrent.cgi

PST-Scuba’s DOT Exemption Approved
September 19, 2005
DOT Exemption Extension Approved for 2 Years

PST-Scuba is pleased to announce that the Department of Transportation (DOT) has extended the Company’s DOT-E Exemption 9791 through August 2007.

Although not scheduled for renewal until early 2006, PST’s exemption was officially approved on September 16, 2005 and will be valid for a standard two-year period. The Exemption allows for the manufacture, sale and use of PST’s popular E-Series steel diving cylinders in the U.S.A.

PST-Scuba’s innovative E-Series steel diving cylinders were first designed and introduced in 2004. The unique tank design features a service pressure of 3442 psi, but also allows for lower pressure fills at reduced capacities. Advanced cylinder design features also include PST-Scuba’s original hot dip galvanized finish, and superior buoyancy characteristics.

Great news

realdiver7:
The exemption is valid thru August 31, 2007, provided the company stays in business.

If the company does fold, the exemption goes away with it?

Just to let people know that if PST does fold, Canadian tanks are not affected by this problem which is good for me since I bought 2 new E-series tanks this summer

I received an email from the PST factory on Friday. I was inquiring about availability of LP 80 tanks. They said they were moving and LP 80's would not be available until March 2006.

Rick

adrisen:
Just to let people know that if PST does fold, Canadian tanks are not affected by this problem which is good for me since I bought 2 new E-series tanks this summer

I asked about this in a separate thread some time back. I was told that the transport Canada rating is the same as DOT and Canadians will be screwed too. If you have better info, please post what you know and where you heard it. Did your info come from transport Canada? Enquiring minds wanna know!

Laughing Swordfish:
I asked about this in a separate thread some time back. I was told that the transport Canada rating is the same as DOT and Canadians will be screwed too. If you have better info, please post what you know and where you heard it. Did your info come from transport Canada? Enquiring minds wanna know!

I had my dive shop look into it. and canadain tanks have to go though additional testing before being approved, even if they go under if the tanks have a candian stamp they are safe. At least that is what they were told

adrisen:
I had my dive shop look into it. and canadain tanks have to go though additional testing before being approved, even if they go under if the tanks have a candian stamp they are safe. At least that is what they were told

Phew! Good to know. Cheers.

adrisen:

Yeah, I'd heard that too. The additional TC testing was the reason I was given for the delay in availabilty here.

Craigster

I have just received my brand new XS/Worthington galvanized LP 85 tank with Thermo Pro valve. Looks great! I think PST has some real competition that can actually deliver! There are plenty of XS tanks available from Divers Discount. I think I am going to order another one.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom