PST...From the "Horse's Mouth."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrek:
I have just received my brand new XS/Worthington galvanized LP 85 tank with Thermo Pro valve. Looks great! I think PST has some real competition that can actually deliver! There are plenty of XS tanks available from Divers Discount. I think I am going to order another one.

Rick

Yah... I gave up on waiting for the PST 7-series, so I picked up a Worthington-made X7-100. Dove it... works great.

I spent some time talking to the guys from PST at Dema. They are up in my home town... Milwaukee... and I know the new place they are moving to... it will be nice - just they couldn't get ahead with the metal shortage and the move, and the demand. They should be back up in Feb or March.

So I just got in the Worthingtons - and except for the fact they are not as shiny, it's really the same tank.

I noticed the lack of shiny finish too. I don't think it will be an issue, as the PST's go dull after a while anyways.

Hey Larry, I tried to buy a PST tank from your website too, (Scuba Toys) but you were sold out. You must be getting an awesome deal on the Worthingtons.

I'm going to get mine filled right now.

Rick

wrek:
I noticed the lack of shiny finish too. I don't think it will be an issue, as the PST's go dull after a while anyways.

The XS and SeaPearls Worthingtons are supposed to (eventually) come with the white coating a'la Faber tanks.

scubatoys:
So I just got in the Worthingtons - and except for the fact they are not as shiny, it's really the same tank.

Isn't the Worthington a little shorter than the PST? And a little heavier?

Blackwood:
The XS and SeaPearls Worthingtons are supposed to (eventually) come with the white coating a'la Faber tanks.

No. We are changing the galvinized coating to be shinier (adding aluminum).

Isn't the Worthington a little shorter than the PST? And a little heavier?

Depends on the tank. Our 80 cf X Series tank is one inch shorter than PST and we are slightly heavier, we have more metal in the bottom of the tank. Our internal volume equals 98.9 CF @3442 psi.

Lee

wrek:

you mean the lovely i've been diving these a lot dullness?

that's something to be proud of!!

Leadking:
Depends on the tank. Our 80 cf X Series tank is one inch shorter than PST and we are slightly heavier, we have more metal in the bottom of the tank. Our internal volume equals 98.9 CF @3442 psi.

Lee

Ah, so it's only XS that's making them white? Sorry for misrepresenting your product!

But yah, from Worthington, the Buoyancy characteristics are fairly different (-10 to -2.5 vs -8 to 0, more or less).

Blackwood:
Ah, so it's only XS that's making them white? Sorry for misrepresenting your product!

But yah, from Worthington, the Buoyancy characteristics are fairly different (-10 to -2.5 vs -8 to 0, more or less).

XS is selling remaining inventory and then ALL Worthington cylinders will be hot dipped galvinized.

Lee

So (let me see if I have this right) the two I just ordered through LDS/Sea Pearls will be hot dipped galvanized?

joeabroad:
So (let me see if I have this right) the two I just ordered through LDS/Sea Pearls will be hot dipped galvanized?

We have a small remaining stock of powder coated LP95's and LP121's. All other shipments are hot dipped galvinized.

Lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom