Puerto Galera Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricJ:
Thanks for offering some advice.

We're thinking about going to the Philippines for approx. 11 - 14 nights this summer (June - Aug.). We met a couple who loved Atlantis in Puerto Galera. I was considering doing Atlantis resorts in both Galera and Dumaguete. I love the fact that you can get multiple dives in each day.

Any tips would be helpful.

and what a trip it was! i didn't stay at atlantis in duma but in a resort that's building up to go head-to-head with them in terms of market brackets... resort should be 100% by march or so...

apo island of dumaguete was amazing... most fun i've had underwater just yet hehehehehe (ok as if my dive count really gives me many options)

Jag

I am thinking about going to Puerto Galera in a week or so. The only concern I have is with visability and water temperature at this time of the year. Is this time of year ok, is it a little cool and if so, when is a good time to go?

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

How is the diving in Puerta galera in january - Cool water temp or ok. My wife may not be diving but would like to swim and snorkel. I am guessing that the water may be a bit cool and coming back in June etc. may be better.

Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

forget puerto galera and anilao, it can get a bit crowded there sometimes. try coming to dumaguete. weather here is always moderate, and we're well away from the typhoon track. we also have some of the best diving in the whole country (Apo Island!!), and a wider range of sites to chose from. it's very laid back here, and there are some really great dive resorts around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom