Puerto Galera UW clean up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a point on postive vs negative - we did invite all dve shops to join in, however some that have helped before were commited to courses etc..or the owner/manager was away and it took too long to coordinate. Over the past year we have had many of the Korean shops help out with rescue scenarios [and real rescues] as well as donate to purchasing rescue equipment.

We have a mangrve planting planned for late July, another clean up in Septmeber as well as a possible rescue scenario with the airforce in August [?]. We will post an invite to these events and you should be able to join up with your favourite PG dive center

Just a point on postive vs negative - we did invite all dve shops to join in, however some that have helped before were commited to courses etc..or the owner/manager was away and it took too long to coordinate. Over the past year we have had many of the Korean shops help out with rescue scenarios [and real rescues] as well as donate to purchasing rescue equipment.

We have a mangrve planting planned for late July, another clean up in Septmeber as well as a possible rescue scenario with the airforce in August [?]. We will post an invite to these events and you should be able to join up with your favourite PG dive center
damn... late july for the mangrove planting?

might be too late to make arrangements from my end, but would you be open to having a few students lending a hand in this? can you send me a proposal/ invite email?

jaggarcia at gmail

thanks!

Jag

please keep me posted re the mangrove planting on july :) thanks

damn... late july for the mangrove planting?

might be too late to make arrangements from my end, but would you be open to having a few students lending a hand in this? can you send me a proposal/ invite email?

jaggarcia at gmail

thanks!

Jag

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Mr. Garcia?
:eyebrow:

HI. Everyone is welcome to join the mangrove project. We will be meeting to set the date this Wednesday and will then send the invite. This month we will be collecting the propagules [seeds] from the mangrove area in the bay. We will then move to PG pier and will be establishing two small nurseries - one in brackish water at the west end of the pier and the other smaller one in front of PG yacht club. The seeds will be planted in 5" plastic potting bags and then we will leave them for a couple of months to grow. Once they have at least two sets of leafs then we will plant them out in the area - probably September/October. Cheers Rick

HI. Everyone is welcome to join the mangrove project. We will be meeting to set the date this Wednesday and will then send the invite. This month we will be collecting the propagules [seeds] from the mangrove area in the bay. We will then move to PG pier and will be establishing two small nurseries - one in brackish water at the west end of the pier and the other smaller one in front of PG yacht club. The seeds will be planted in 5" plastic potting bags and then we will leave them for a couple of months to grow. Once they have at least two sets of leafs then we will plant them out in the area - probably September/October. Cheers Rick
september/october is very good timing... i need the proposal

@larry: college-aged kids wading around in knee-deep water wearing the appropriate summer-themed clothing? i think i'll need to bring in some experts in water safety from macau or hong kong... :eyebrow:

Jag

alrigtee just keep me posted. i'll tag a group of people with me who're into tree-planting

We'll be gathering seeds this Wednesday and starting a nursery, so the tree planting will be in late Sep, early Oct once the seedlings are larger and we have hardened them out in the sun / salt water. I'll ost an invite once we have firm dates about a month in advance

regards

Rick

Director, 505th Squadron PCGA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom