Puerto Galera vs. Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planet dive in anilao just sent me their rates. For two people it would be about $150 per night total with 3meals included.

Two boat dives with unlimited shore dives would be $130 total for both of you.

It's all very confusing. I was gonna go the 20th of may so if you wanna delay and wait for me I'm more than happy to bring both of our costs down by jumping on the boat haha

...Please help fill me in. When looking at diving between Anilao and PG, I have to take into account housing, food, and diving.
You have to accept that Anilao price's structure is quite unique and there is NOT much you can do about it. So you either have to accept it or go somewhere else.

A buddy of mine had given up the idea of ever diving at Anilao becasue of the vagueness of the reply! He goes to Dumaguete instead. He does not need to carry extra peso to cover any EXTRA.

Hi Jimmy, please note that in that thread I was only trying to show how dive costs in Anilao are divided among the group as compared to the fixed price per dive in PG. The diving in Anilao gets really cheap for a group of 4-6.

With regards to accomodations, there are a variety of options in both places. I have not stayed in Crystal Blue but I have seen the place, nice rooms and facilities, priced in the mid to high range. Angelyn's I think is one of the lower priced options in PG so it does not compare. Try inquiring at Atlantis or Asia Divers in PG and see what prices you get. :eyebrow:

My computation was based on the rates at Aquaventure resort, a favorite among the PPDs. The room rate per my recent inquiry is roughly $60 per person, A/C, double occupancy, including 3 buffet meals. It gets even cheaper if you opt for a la carte meals. It does get a bit confusing, because of so many options. So that's roughly $240 for 4 nights. The rooms are somewhat older but clean, very good service, and the restaurant is among the better ones in Anilao.

The diving, per my quick computation, is about $100 for a 2-dive boat trip for 2 divers, including tanks, dm, boat, marine park fees (excluding gear rentals). So that's $400 for 8 dives in 4 trips. A third boat dive will cost about $46 for 2 divers.

This would come out a bit more expensive than Angelyn's if you do 3 dives/day, because there's only 2 of you to share the boat and dm costs. I'll try to post a detailed computation later.

Hope this helps. :)

This is what I am able find. My numbers do not seem to jive with yours. My situation is that I will be traveling/diving with my wife in early May. No sure which days of the week.

To stay at crystal blue resort:
Crystal Blue Resort

4 nights lodging / with 8 boat dives

$637.52

So for the two of us it will cost 1274 USD. That does include three meals.

I would to imagine I would be much cheaper in PG.

an example would be Diving in Sabang Beach Puerto Galera, Philippines - Angelyn's Dive Resort

Dive Pack A1
Dive Pack A2
Dive Pack A3
Dive for 1-2 Day(s)
Dive for 3-5 Days
Dive for 6 Days or more
USD 115
USD 105
USD 100
includes room accommodation based on single occupancy, full board meal, maximum of 3 boat dives per day at selected Puerto Galera dive sites, and snacks in between dives

The numbers just do not add up that Anilao would be cheaper in any regards. This just does not add up. Even in the diving "anilao on the cheap" forum, they are not taking into about housing.

Please help fill me in. When looking at diving between Anilao and PG, I have to take into account housing, food, and diving.

Hi Jimmy,
You can combin both places if you have the time. But make sure you arrive at Anilao on Thur/Fri and depart on Mon. In that case you have plenty of divers to share the cost.
If you like macro then Anilao is the place but if you prefer a bit of everything(above and below) then there isn't a better place than PG in the country. And do request Verde Island!
If you do make it to PG, stay at Angelyn but dive with Frontier(next door). Request Harold as your dm.

Hope you have a good trip

I'm hoping to get a little help planning a dive trip while my ship is in Manila. We will be arriving 4 Jun, and leaving on the 9th, so I will have to be back in Manila on the 8th. When I get in on the 4th, I may not be able to get off the ship until supper time. Peurto Galara that late, or am I better off diving in Anilao? I understand Aquaventures is a great place in Anilao, but if I do end up in PG, could someone recommend a great resort at a reasonable price? Thanks much.

T.Brooks.
Although most of my family lives in Anialo and I have dived there, I prefer PG.
Why? well as has been said above it is cheaper to stay and dive in PG.
Especially on weekdays.
You never mentioned what price range you were looking at but if you were considering say Aquaventure in Anialo, then I believe you could find many good places in PG at or below this price.
For example, I stay at the Banana Moon in small lalaguna for about $38 night and it has a lot for the price.
also there are many decent smaller diveops within walking distance where ever you are staying.
I like Mark at Searider or Action divers, very good ops.

Tony

For PG, I dive at Blue Ribbon. Great staff, knowledgeable dive masters, excellent food. Accommodation is basic, but everything works. And prices are very reasonable. Jon is the owner. Talk with him about diving trips.
Anilao is a great place if you don't want to take a boat to PG. I did Acacia, and it was more expensive that anywhere in PG, but they have top-notch gear, and its a true resort, with few guests and divers. If you want a more private place, this is the one.

I realize that this is an old thread, but just want to add that I loved Anilao....the macro was wonderful and there were some very nice coral areas. The night diving under the pier at Nailao was just mind blowing. Stayed 5 nights at Buceo Anilao , a gem of a resort.

I realize that this is an old thread, but just want to add that I loved Anilao....the macro was wonderful and there were some very nice coral areas. The night diving under the pier at Nailao was just mind blowing. Stayed 5 nights at Buceo Anilao , a gem of a resort.

Got any photos man?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom