Puget Sound Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yevgeny Nyden

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Scuba Diving Magazine puts Puget Sound into the category of possibly one of the best diving spots in the US. While their judgment may be slightly overrated, I believe Puget Sound still has a lot to offer divers. I can't really fully judge, since I have only dived there a couple of times, with poor visibility, but I was quite impressed with the abundance of anemones. See for yourself: http://youtu.be/CRihEPcPUK4

[video=youtube_share;CRihEPcPUK4]http://youtu.be/CRihEPcPUK4[/video]

Very nice, my brother is getting married next year and if all goes well hope to get a dive or 2 in there.

Will say I am still partial to SE FL diving, something about not needing much thermal protection is just so nice.

I've been certified for eight years, and have about 1100 dives. I've been lucky enough to travel a lot, and I've gotten to dive in Australia, Indonesia, the Red Sea, the South Pacific, the Caribbean, and Hawaii. In my opinion, at the end of that time, the best diving in the world is up and down the west coast of North America. From the kelp forests in California, to the granite pinnacles and hydrocoral of Monterey, to the incredible profusion of life that coats the current-swept rocks of the Pacific Northwest, we have astonishing and incomparable diving in our cold water.

Puget Sound has some very good sites, although they tend to be very current-sensitive and not diveable all the time. But even our "mudholes" have an amazing profusion of fascinating life, and a LOT of our sites are ridiculously easy to access, and free. A large part of the reason I have as many dives as I do is that we can dive SOMEWHERE about 360 days a year . . . if the weather conditions are such that you have ANY desire to be outdoors, there is somewhere you can dive.

By the way, the video was shot at one of our "lesser" sites, one which is out of the current and therefore, by our standards, fairly dull . . . :)

I've been certified for eight years, and have about 1100 dives. I've been lucky enough to travel a lot, and I've gotten to dive in Australia, Indonesia, the Red Sea, the South Pacific, the Caribbean, and Hawaii. In my opinion, at the end of that time, the best diving in the world is up and down the west coast of North America. From the kelp forests in California, to the granite pinnacles and hydrocoral of Monterey, to the incredible profusion of life that coats the current-swept rocks of the Pacific Northwest, we have astonishing and incomparable diving in our cold water.

Puget Sound has some very good sites, although they tend to be very current-sensitive and not diveable all the time. But even our "mudholes" have an amazing profusion of fascinating life, and a LOT of our sites are ridiculously easy to access, and free. A large part of the reason I have as many dives as I do is that we can dive SOMEWHERE about 360 days a year . . . if the weather conditions are such that you have ANY desire to be outdoors, there is somewhere you can dive.

By the way, the video was shot at one of our "lesser" sites, one which is out of the current and therefore, by our standards, fairly dull . . . :)

did you forget about the Cenotes? :)

Seriously though, I have been diving in the Seattle area 3 times (Edmonds, Alkai and Lummi Island) and it was all fantastic diving. Makes me jealous sometimes that there are those that have these places in their backyard :)

Make that, "The best OPEN WATER diving in the world . . . " :)

I learned to dive in the Puget Sound 20 years ago this year...it really is some of the most amazing diving on the planet!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom