Purge Poll?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with a TUSA non-purge and was "persuaded" by my husband to let him have the TUSA since it was larger then the purge mask he bought (he has a larger face/head then I do). We both found that the purge mask was easy to clear, and in a current, the TUSA leaked.

We have come to the conclusion that the TUSA is not a good fit for either of us.

He wanted the purge mask back. I told him okay, if I could get a Cessi "Big Eyes."

Going to use the Cressi in the pool next week.

Ive used a scubapro trivent (has a purge) for 12 years now.
I like it very much! my spare and free diving mask is a scubapro frameless with no purge. I like it better for free
diving because its low volume.
cyas Rick L.

I don't own a purge mask. I never really had any problem purging the "ordinary" way.

NOTE: A purge valve is no solution to an improperly fitted/leaking mask.

I've run into Purge masks failing on several occasions, and had to let a student or another instructors student use one of my back-up masks. And though I can see that many like them, my personal opinion is that it's a device that can fail and doesn't really serve that much usefullness when one learns to clear their mask properly from the get-go.

Just my $.02

I have purge mask as primary and really like it. I have dove twice since I purchased it. was an excellent investment. I have a problem clearing all the water with non purge , but purge mask lets all of the water be removed

I always used a mask with a purge as a free diver for 25 years. When I got my act together and did my scuba training, I was told to get a mask w/o a purge because you cannot hold your nose with one, so cannot equalize. I have no trouble clearing my mask without it, but now I am curious since no one has mentioned the equalization issue with a purge valve.

kwesler, I suspect noone has mentioned it yet because not all purge masks have the purge in the nose section. The ones that do however are not the best choice for the diver.

and I always have been and always willl...so there!!!!!
Leave my old mate the purge mask alone... :fire:
It takes a skilled operator to use one....maybe it's just jealousy? :p
Cheers all you flock following Ears,
From the Leading Ear,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman.

I have no intention of running out and getting a mask with a purge valve-I am just curious. If not on the nose, where is the valve?

Have a TUSA Imprex non-purge mask and so far have had no troubles. Fits my face well and I only get funny looks when I don't rinse out the defog very good and foam fills up one of the "eye" pockets.

Haven't used a purge mask yet but would like to try one some day so I can see what the difference is and if it would work for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom