Quality DPV on a budget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A buddy of mine has a Sea Doo Classic that I've used a couple of times. Definitely more of a toy than a true DPV. The Classic, GTI, and VS Supercharger are all the same design like th one below.

Seadoo_Seascooter_Supercharged.jpg

I find the handles very flimsy and they flex a lot during use. I could easily tear them right off if I wanted, they're that bad. The Explorer (below) is a different design and it's handles look like a better design.

Explorer.jpg

Yes, the explorer is a completely different animal from the other seascooters. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures, but the explorer is MUCH bigger than the other seadoos. The classic is maybe 18"-2' long with a 6" diameter, while the explorer is 3' long and 8-10" in diameter. When you see the 2 side by side it is almost comical due to the size difference.

my gti i worked great last week. yesterday it wouldnt turn on. recharged teh battery and it just didnt turn on. i dont know what happened. for a college student this 200$ was a huge hit for a device that only functioned once.

Bummer, hopefully it is something easy and cheap to fix to get it running again.

A buddy of mine has a Sea Doo Classic that I've used a couple of times. Definitely more of a toy than a true DPV. The Classic, GTI, and VS Supercharger are all the same design like th one below.

Seadoo_Seascooter_Supercharged.jpg

I find the handles very flimsy and they flex a lot during use. I could easily tear them right off if I wanted, they're that bad. The Explorer (below) is a different design and it's handles look like a better design.

Explorer.jpg

I personally wouldn't use the Sea-Doo Seascooter Classic on a dive but the Seascooter GTI and VS Supercharged have their place. No,they're not something I would dive the Andrea Doria with but at only 18 pounds they are handy for shore dives. Of course, to achieve light weight they use lightweight materials, though I must say I pretty much beat the crap out of mine and it's still in one piece. One thing though, they will leak if you don't follow the directions. The O-rings need lube before each dive and the battery cover needs to be securely attached to prevent flooding-people rarely do this.

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin:

Attachments

• myGTI.jpg
    myGTI.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 148
Looking to purchase a couple of scooters for use in pacific waters. How easy are the seadoos to handle? and what sort of price range are you looking at really?

Back
Top Bottom