Quality Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to realize that the quality of your material is degrading every year.

After several years of using Suunto, with no problems whatsoever nor damages, I have chosen to buy G2 with transmitter.

I didn’t make any dives in 2022 and in October this year went to Porto Santo, island to scubadive. After the first dive, the G2 transmitter broke down.

Please notice that I am a very careful user and find it very strange that a transmitter causes a problem in the first of 6 dive set.

I have to conclude that Scubapro has degraded the quality of their products.

I am traveling on the 25th of October to Indonesia and am have to go without the transmitter.

So, whenever I think of replacing my diving material, your brand is going to be my second choice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 15.41.14.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 15.41.14.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 15.41.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 15.41.19.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 34
Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to realize that the quality of your material is degrading every year.

After several years of using Suunto, with no problems whatsoever nor damages, I have chosen to buy G2 with transmitter.

I didn’t make any dives in 2022 and in October this year went to Porto Santo, island to scubadive. After the first dive, the G2 transmitter broke down.

Please notice that I am a very careful user and find it very strange that a transmitter causes a problem in the first of 6 dive set.

I have to conclude that Scubapro has degraded the quality of their products.

I am traveling on the 25th of October to Indonesia and am have to go without the transmitter.

So, whenever I think of replacing my diving material, your brand is going to be my second choice.

I have LOTS of problems with my many Suunto computers, since the 90's. I have zero problems with Scubapro computers or transmitters, none (and I own several of them and so do my friends). I don't see any degradation with Scubapro at all. You will find that there will always be issues with any brand's equipment regardless of brand. You really can't make a judgement you are making based on a single incident. I am sure that your SP dealer will take care of you. Contact SP through their website and/or your SP dealer ASAP and get it sorted it out. I don't know why you are coming here to complain if you haven't contacted SP or the SP dealer.

So you are aware. they haven't had a presence here in many years. Your comment here will not be of importance to them. Try other means of communication to ScubaPro. We, the consumer and user, don't matter to them, only their dealers are important.

Oh boy, drama at its best. You are bored tonight no diving for you? You can come and dive with me tomorrow, the sea forecast calls for very calm sea, warm water and lots of octopus mating. I am bringing my new munchkin, DPV, with me so I am getting further out from shore. You can tag along if you want :p

I dont have anything ti do with Scubapro, nor do I own equipment from them.

Expecting equipment to work after "I did not dive in 2022" seems steep though! My girlfriend would leave me in a few weeks if she got the same treatment🙈

I have a SP G2 with transmitter and it has over 400 dives with no issues. That includes dives in the Red Sea getting in and out of a zodiac and lifting the setup from the water to the zodiac. My local dive shop and SP have given me great support.

Battery change/check prior to trip may have been judicious.

Your original post was funny, it made me laugh. Tell them that they don't need to give me cash, just discount to buy more equipment from them 😁

(I am buying a couple of their new dive computers before end of year)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom