Query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomhb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello everybody, I'm new to the community and diving. I'm currently looking for an agency to certify me, and where I live, I have found two options:

- PADI, which I understand is very well known. There are a lot of places where I live that offer this certification.
- ANDI: I don't know the instructor, but a lot of people have recommended him, and he is a known former military diver.

I will probably go with the latter, but my main fear is that if I go to another country, they will not recognize the ANDI card/ID, etc. Because finding information on ANDI is much harder than PADI (at least for me).
If I get certified with ANDI, can I jump straight to the more advanced certifications of other agencies

Thanks a lot!!

I checked out ANDI's website. The links for DIVING courses and FLOWCHART of courses are both broken and do not work. I can't see any info on basic Scuba instruction on their website at all.

Hello everybody, I'm new to the community and diving. I'm currently looking for an agency to certify me, and where I live, I have found two options:

- PADI, which I understand is very well known. There are a lot of places where I live that offer this certification.
- ANDI: I don't know the instructor, but a lot of people have recommended him, and he is a known former military diver.

I will probably go with the latter, but my main fear is that if I go to another country, they will not recognize the ANDI card/ID, etc. Because finding information on ANDI is much harder than PADI (at least for me).
If I get certified with ANDI, can I jump straight to the more advanced certifications of other agencies

Thanks a lot!!
I can't speak for all agencies, but for TDI, ANDI is acceptable.

ANDI is pretty small, but that doesn't mean it's bad training. Good instruction is really important, and I don't think you'll have much of a problem with getting your training accepted elsewhere.

If you google a little bit, you can find some old threads on here about ANDI... Their training director used to participate here, but he hasn't been around in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom