Question about getting around and diving Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swelbo1

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering, with the threat of thieves and having to leave truck doors unlocked and windows down, what do y'all bring with you if you plan on being out for the day, and how do you carry it or where do you put it? Thanks

We go out for two dives, back to the room to eat lunch/change batteries/relax then out for 2 dives in the afternoon. What do we bring in addition to the dive gear? a hat, a shirt, some refilled water bottles, and a little cash. The cash goes with us ion the dive. It dries very quickly if needed.

I was wondering, with the threat of thieves and having to leave truck doors unlocked and windows down, what do y'all bring with you if you plan on being out for the day, and how do you carry it or where do you put it? Thanks

There is one thing that first-time visitors to Bonaire don't truly appreciate:

The island is tiny.

Like really, really, tiny.

Other than the handful of sites up in the national park, you can easily get from any dive site on the island back to your hotel, swap tanks, change camera batteries, download pics, take a shower, make a sandwich, check your email, and then head off to the next dive site... all within a 1hr surface interval.

That said, there's no reason to do so. If you're smart about what you bring (and what you don't) you won't have any problems. There's like eleventy hundred threads covering such details here on SB.

One of these will keep $$$, CC, and ID dry and safe: Dry Pak Alligator Wallet, 4 in. X 4 in., White/Gray DP-44W If you don't buy it before you go, it will cost $20 on the island. Old flip-flops and a cover up are pretty safe and will let you do a little shopping on the way back to the room. Freeze 1/2 bottles of water and top them up before you head out. You really should not need much else. If you do, it may increase your risk.

Reactions: RJP
Just go back to the hotel after 2 tanks. I only brought a ratty t shirt, map (which I didnt need after 2 days), and water. You can keep cah and your keys in a container that you put inside your BC. We didnt experience any problems all week traveling around this way.

Back
Top Bottom