Question for Bare Tech HD Drysuit Divers / other drysuit divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NvScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm looking for some input from drysuit divers who have experience with the Bare Tech HD drysuit.

I have recently started diving the Bare Tech HD trilam drysuit. This is a new suit received from the manufacturer and am trying to decide if I might have small leak or if I am dealing with condensation / sweat in my suit. I am diving primarily in Lake Tahoe and the North Coast of California so the water temps range from the mid 30s to mid 50s with air tempratures that are all over the charts. I am wearing the super highloft undergarment most of the time.

Here is my dilemma. I find that after diving i am pretty moist when I open up my drysuit. I am getting an overall damp feeling all over my undergarment with a concentration of moisture in my legs. I have pretty large feet so I had to go with the neoprene booties and not the integrated boots. I am collecting enough moisture that after diving I can turn my botties inside out and squeeze moisture out of them.

I am thinking this is more moisture than can be attributed to sweat and/or condensation. The moisture also seems to collect pretty evenly in both legs which makes me to start thinking internal moisture collecting. I am somewhat new to drysuits and am seeking insights from the more experienced drysuit divers. I have tried to isolate where the water may be getting in if it is in fact leak but have not been successful. If it is a leak I am thinking it is pretty small, like a pin hole, and thus my difficulty in locating it, if it is there at all.

Any thoughts and input is appreciated. Safe diving to all.

SS

My G/F and I both dive same suit. It sounds to me like you have a leak somewhere in the suit. Easiest way to check is to plug up all the seals (Wrist/neck) and blow the suit up and stick it in water (Bathtub) will work but might take little work unless you have large tub. Only times I notice condensation issue is when I am diving on a warm/very warm day and I get in cold water then back out to hot air I will get some condensation but I never notice in suit and once I get out it's barely noticeable. I questioned about this once before because Once I got out suit the inside was slighlty wet (Condensation).

Out of subject..
.. you scary something out of me mate. Im geting that suit and would not like to see something like water in my.
But hey-ho can happen to any suit new or not get check it out if that gona help anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom