Question for the partial-DIR crowd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get rid of the rock boot?!?!? Do these guys do any rocky shore diving?
All the caves have nice wooden steps :wink:

metridium once bubbled...
Get rid of the rock boots?!?!? Do these guys do any rocky shore diving?

I love my rock boots, and already have Turtles for them. Dunno what I'll do when it comes to wetsuit diving, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

My shoulder dump's in the usual place...guess I'd better be ready for Andrew to rag on me the whole weekend in DIRF. :wink:

What I did was order turtles and another set of spring straps from FifthD. I use my jets for wetsuit diving and my turtles for drysuit diving.

Seriously, if you are up for making yourself the center of attention, ask Andrew about the whole dump issue. I wish this would have been at the forefront of the recent DIR discussions when I took DIRF...I would love to know all the reasons they list behind shoulder vs. wrist. See what he does with fins too...but I bet I already know the answer - he dives a FifthD suit, which is an Andy's, which doesn't have rockboots...hence his jetfins fit.

My understanding of the rockboot issue has to do with the laces as an entanglement hazard... *shrug*
I hear you...but I could cut those puppies in a second and not even lose my fin since the spring straps would hold it on to my foot. Not to mention they come with a neat little velcro tab on the back that you can use to wrap the laces around your ankle or lower leg and then velcro the rest to the back of the boot.

IMHO, (this is NOT DIR endorsed) the problem is that Scubapro executives won't get off their a$$es and make a larger jetfin! Hello, opportunity of the decade for a few lucky companies...get identified as the "dir fin of choice" and then ride the DIR popularity wave. All they have to do is make an XXL or a "drysuit" version of the jetfins and they would sell that many more fins...

O-ring wrote...

All they have to do is make an XXL or a "drysuit" version of the jetfins and they would sell that many more fins...
Aren't those called "turtles"?

:wink:

*whip-crack!*

Back on task! :)

Aren't those called "turtles"?
Another "Pug" disciple...I still think proper jetfins in the right size would make sense for scubapro to manufacture.

I couldn't make them fit. It was just my toes in the fins pretty much...the Rockboots themselves are larger than any wetsuit booties I have ever seen because my jets fit great with my size 11 - 6.5mm wetsuit booties on.

I will try to jam my foot with rockboots on into my jetfins tonight when I get home and post a picture...you can see what you guys think...

The perfect fin ( to me )

would be the atomic foot pocket with
the jet fin, fin.

I ****xxx**%%@@ hate the jet fin
foot pocket. The atomic one is awesome.

I love the jet fin blade!!

Combine the two and put everyone else
out of business.

( note: I have HIGH arches and regular
fin pockets cut off my circulation... )

Kell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/