question on DIR compliant fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel for you because I made a few dry suit changes and getting fins was crazy. My first suit had boots and I was stuck between sizes. After trying every brand I ended up going back to an old sport of mine and using this product to fill the gap. I had some scrap off one of my boats but I'm sure if you called they could hook you up.

Now with my TLS 350 signature It's not an issue....

Hydro-Turf-Performance Traction Products

I wish... just ordered a set of hog regs, but i needed to anyway since my current set of regs aren't the best for coldwater. and i've already upgraded from a jacket bc to bp/w, so really, it's almost a whole new rig.

If you have time try and hook up with your instructor to review your gear. Also GUE has a few good books that does cover most of this.

Really, any reasonably stiff paddle fin is fine. What you don't want is split fins (line traps), fins with peculiar shapes that would also trap line, or fins that are so flexible that you can't get any good feedback on your kick. I started with a pair of Razors, and realized after the first day of Fundies (with the video review) that they were really impeding my learning.

Our household has Jets, Turtles, Jet knockoffs, and Dive Rite paddle fins. They all work fine.

My girlfriend has the same problem. She wears a womans size 6. Teeny tiny. (she's 5'2" and 110 lbs... U should see her walking aroind in doubles!) Dive rite makes their fins in a small, which fits her in a regular soft sole 3 mm boot.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom