question on the fundies swim test....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the Fundies swim sidestroke, and finished it in a little over ten minutes. It's not very hard. They get harder . . .

Congrats! Great job!

Unless there is a recent change in policy, it's my understanding and experience that instructor's can and do increase the swim requirement. It's best to check directly with your instructor to find out what is expected.

It's not really a problem. My issue was I didn't actually know any proper stroke technique. I actually managed over 300m (i think it was 320) in the pool today. My plan is just to swim as much as I can between now and July, which should be easy since my gym has a pool :)

It's not really a problem. My issue was I didn't actually know any proper stroke technique. I actually managed over 300m (i think it was 320) in the pool today. My plan is just to swim as much as I can between now and July, which should be easy since my gym has a pool :)

Good luck! Enjoy your class!!

275m in 14 minutes, that is pretty easy actually (Not that I have any plans on taking said course in the near future). A front crawl will make short work of that.

Yeah, its pretty easy, you should not have any problems.

One suggestion though, do the breath-hold swim first.. then do the endurance swim..

I did the endurance first in 9min and then trying to hold your breath and swim 50ft is no joke when you are exhausted and out of breath..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom