Questionable conditions on Sunday - what would you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The maine marine forecast is quite a bit different. I'm surprised to see 2-3ft seas with 10-15kts out of the NE. I'm going to be in southern maine on saturday, so I may stay over and dive two lights.

The maine marine forecast is quite a bit different. I'm surprised to see 2-3ft seas with 10-15kts out of the NE. I'm going to be in southern maine on saturday, so I may stay over and dive two lights.

Hope you find good conditions! :)

I'd love to hear what you find, so please post a report.

(I've really got to get out and dive more.... :shakehead:)

Dave C

Don't forget that Nubble is still off limits for Sunday diving.

Whatever is blowing will be rolling right in that cove.

Pete

Just got back from Stonington Point. The point was like a mill pond with 25 ft vis. Although we didn't see any spectacular marine life, the diving was excellent. Water temp 60 F.

We had a few wind gusts but very brief and nothing that affected the shore dive facing south.

Get out there and dive.

I'm about to head out with my buddy for either two lights or kettle cove (maine), so I'll let you guys know!

Yesterday's dive at Kettle cove was pretty good! Calm conditions with pretty good viz made for an interesting dive. I'll post a separate report soon.

Hi guys,
I'm looking at the marine forecast for Sunday:
SUN
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT... DIMINISHING
TO 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND
EARLY AFTERNOON...THEN BECOMING NE 10 TO 20 KT EARLY IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT.​

I was initially planning on shore diving cape ann. Given the forecasted conditions, where on cape ann (or elsewhere in NE) would you dive?

Have you considered your bathtub?

Stage Fort Park rarely gets blown out, but it also is hardly worth getting in the water because visibility is usually measured in inches.

Also, read on this post by someone else that Stage fort park is dangerous. It's so boring, divers have been known to fall asleep while diving and having their regs pop out of their mouths and drown. Excitment is coming across a moon snail, sand dollar or hermit crab.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom