Quick! Do I want a compass on my console??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA:
Bigger Question: Do you want a console? Why? The hot setup is a "naked SPG" on a hose. No boot just a heavy duty brass case SPG on the end of a hose. Put the computer on the right wrist and compass on the left wrist.

I have a problem with the lack of a backup depth gauge. I have been diving with a computer for the past 5 years and have almost never given a thought to the reading on the depth gauge, relying on my computer; at the same time, I have never dived without a manual depth gauge.

I have, however, had to cut a couple of dives short because my dive buddy was diving with a computer and didn't have a depth backup, and their computer failed. I consider any diver who doesn't have such a backup to be at least inconsiderate of their dive buddy and at worst irresponsible. I now make a point to avoid diving with anyone without a depth gauge backup.

I've also had dives where my buddy's computer failed but they did have a backup. Since we had planned ahead, we were able to continue the dive, albeit a bit shorter, as a planned table dive.

Back
Top Bottom