Quick question about Buddy Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver DennisP

Registered
Reaction score
Does Buddy Dive have any grills on the property? Trying to plan our food for the week and wanted to grill steaks for dinner.

I don't recall any public ones. There is one the restaurant uses and I know of one other that is inside a fenced area for one unit...not too good of odds you will get that unit.

Thanks guys. I didn't think that they did. I didn't pay attention last time we were there.

buy a cheap hiabachi and grill on the beach out by "windsock" I almost have my self convinced there are some public grills by the beach there.

I believe Pink Beach has grills...I think it is Pink Beach, it is the long one up on a little hill with palm trees....

I've never seen anyone bbq at Buddy Dive. There are lots of inexpensive restaurants on island. Why not enjoy the local cuisine. It's good.

I've never seen anyone bbq at Buddy Dive. There are lots of inexpensive restaurants on island. Why not enjoy the local cuisine. It's good.

Because some people enjoy the act of tending a steak on the grill, not to mention that preparing one's own food is more economical than eating out?

Our first Bonaire trip we stayed at Buddy's and had one of the units with a kitchenette. We ended up eating out more than we had hoped. The kitchenette wasn't satisfactory to us, and there were no grills. They have likely upgraded those units--this was 9 years ago--but my point is that for some of us, cooking facilities are important.

I see your point but IMO you can get a steak anywhere. On holiday, I like to splurge a bit and go local. The experience of sampling the cuisine is a big part of the charm of being in a foreign country.

I see your point but IMO you can get a steak anywhere. On holiday, I like to splurge a bit and go local. The experience of sampling the cuisine is a big part of the charm of being in a foreign country.

We are debating bringing food with us to cut cost. We do, however, plan on dining out some nights. Just not all. We leave this frozen hell hole 2 weeks from tomorrow and I'm trying to plan out purchases and luggage situation.

Back
Top Bottom